Fresh Start Rescue

I am being spammed by them in my email but have never heard of them, nor did I sign up to their email list. So, how did they get my email address?

First it was a barrage of emails asking me to follow them on twitter, I don't do twitter. Now emails etc and I am supposed to unsubscribe from something I never signed up to

The spam I am receiving says this is their address;

Our mailing address is:

Fresh Start Rescue

Beenleigh road

Sunnybank, Qld 4109

We are located in south-east Qld (Brisbane for the most part), more than happy to answer any questions you might have either via PM or publicly :)

No one should have received an unsolicited email from us, my sincere apologies if that has happened. We have been in the process of setting up a website, which is for the most part being done externally, so I am not sure if that is the reason. In any event, this will be addressed and my apologies again.

We certainly have no affiliation with NARGA either - just to clear that up.

I received an email yesterday and just now another one requesting me to join twitter. I'd really be interested to know how you got my email address

My understanding is you would have had to have had communicated with us previously if you have received a newsletter email(but obviously without knowing who you are, I can’t speculate any further than that). The Twitter alerts are generated by Twitter (not by us) and so I think you can just unsubscribe generally (and you’ll be prevented from receiving any further Twitter based emails, regardless of which account they relate to).

Nope, I have never heard of your group until I got your emails and twitter spam. I am also not on twitter so completely confused why I need to unsubscribe from twitter because you want me to join? I'm not on twitter, have never been on twitter, have no intention of signing up for / or signing off from twitter. You've been sending these for months.

You emailed again tonight, here's a screen grab.

post-3016-0-12499800-1376220512_thumb.png

Edited by Winterpaws

You sure it's real? I get bogus notifications from things I don't have an account with. They look genuine but aren't.

(oops, that doesn't explain the emails)

I originally did think it was bogus until I started getting the newsletters. I'm livid that I apparently need to unsubscribe from twitter emails when I have never been on twitter!

I would say I get emails and letters for at least a dozen rescue groups Ive never had any contact with and about 20 from those I have had contact with

Its no big deal usually easy to opt out if I want to - most I keep as it helps keep me up to date with things - they have to get really annoying for me to turn them off but Im not getting any invites from twitter from anyone and I have an account with them.

the newsletters are O.K. but the ones who put me on their list and send a couple of emails a day are pushing it a bit I reckon.

Seniors and silkies rescue do it all just right thumbsup1.gif

My question about these guys was nothing negative Id heard a nice story about them via something I was doing with this years awards and had a bit of a look and couldn't find where they were so I asked here. Its all good for me.

Id heard a nice story about them

I'd heard good things about them, too, from Brisbane people. Very decent & well-organized group. Bit O/T but I love their logo.

I understand Winterpaws puzzlement. I've had similar connections that I can't figure where they've come from... but not from rescue groups.

I understand Winterpaws puzzlement. I've had similar connections that I can't figure where they've come from... but not from rescue groups.

It is all part and parcel of being on the internet. Heck, I received an email the other day from, Ben Bernanke Chairman of the Federal Reserve [uSA]. He must have heard that I can add up pretty well without a calculator and wanted to give me lots and lots of lovely money. :laugh: :laugh:

ETA: If I am asked to Unsubscribe from something I haven't subscribed to, I don't, I just delete.

Edited by Danny's Darling

It is all part and parcel of being on the internet. Heck, I received an email the other day from, Ben Bernanke Chairman of the Federal Reserve [uSA]. He must have heard that I can add up pretty well without a calculator and wanted to give me lots and lots of lovely money. :laugh: :laugh:

That's so funny, DD. You'll be able to name drop now. 'As my friend Ben.... you know, Ben Bernanke... was saying just the other day." :)

None of my weird emails have come from anyone so famous.

That's so funny, DD. You'll be able to name drop now. 'As my friend Ben.... you know, Ben Bernanke... was saying just the other day." :)

None of my weird emails have come from anyone so famous.

The bugger is that I have deleted it and can't remember much of what it was about. :laugh: :laugh: