Traumatic Litter.

Crazy Daisy

The blog author is Leema on DOL :)

The blog post is dated AFTER the OP's post.

I don't see anything suspicious here.

The whole lengthy post is word for the word the exact same apart from the last couple of sentences & the breed & dogs name.

I find it absolutely incredible that 2 totally different people could write of this experience using every single word the same :confused: Are they both the same person ?

from the blog :

I share a story from another Australian breeder on breeding a litter of golden retrievers, and how it went anything but according to planned

Leema on DOL wrote the blog, she was obviously moved by the OP's story and asked to share it on her blog. It looks like the OP provided her with pics too, so they were obviously aware that it was going to be shared.

I can confirm that this horrible story did happen and as the OP said, it's something you wouldn't wish on your worst enemy.

I actually felt extremely guilty through the whole thing as my litter was a few weeks older and my girl naturally whelped easily and had very little wrong through the raising of her puppies. It was my first experience and I had the amazing help of my husband who was there every step of the way. I felt so awful that CrazyDaisy was going through what she was, but circumstances prohibited me going to help.

I hope the mental scars will heal eventually Leah xo

from the blog :

I share a story from another Australian breeder on breeding a litter of golden retrievers, and how it went anything but according to planned

Leema on DOL wrote the blog, she was obviously moved by the OP's story and asked to share it on her blog. It looks like the OP provided her with pics too, so they were obviously aware that it was going to be shared.

You got it. :thumbsup:

Names changed on Crazy Daisy's request.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't mean any suspicion or condemnation in pointing out the duplication. Just, I read a lot of blogs. It bothers me when I see the same post appearing on both of them without attribution. This seems to happen more and more. I've never seen it written down anywhere, but it seems like bad blog / forum manners to copy and paste large blocks of text without saying that's what you are doing.

It's probably a carryover from marking student papers and being responsible for identifying and marking down for plagiarism . . . which has gotten a bit out of control with it being so easy to cut and paste from here and there.

• 3 weeks later...

I was lucky that my beautiful girl Mia whelped a gorgeous litter of 7 with minimal fuss. Two dead pups but both died well before they were due. That I could handle. Nature has its reasons. Mia struggled in the first 24hrs, wanted to be with us but also wanted to be with puppies and couldn't make up her mind. One tiny bit of mastitis and pups with the runs as a result. Overall 7 lovely healthy pups and one beautiful healthy mum. It's stupid but I can't help thinking we got off with things too lightly and that next time I won't be so lucky. I would like to breed another litter, I would like to improve on our girls again, we really did achieve what we wanted with our last litter and you can't ask for much more than that. But there is a sneaky voice in the back of my head that says, could you live with yourself if something happened to your girl. The answer is no, I love those girls more than words can ever explain. It's a stupid feeling, a nagging 'what if' but even 2 years down the track I feel too lucky, I watched a friend go through an awful time losing a few pups despite doing absolutely everything she could to try and save them. At the moment we want to give as much time to our girls as we can, in particular the pup we kept from our last litter, i'm studying my masters and life in general is just far too busy to be able to give the time that a litter needs. Will we breed again, I don't know. I still think I'd like to but that nagging voice won't go away....