My Human Family

Rescue Dogs Find a Home

Community Photographic Exhibition

Presented by Pine Street Creative Arts Centre and Nick Baldas

Exhibition Dates: 6 August to 29 August 2013

Venue: Fountain Court Area, NSW Parliament House, 6 Macquarie Street, Sydney

Opening Times: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday

http://www.pinestreet.com.au/my-human-family/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Human-Family-Rescue-Dogs-Find-A-Home/257057447736073

I sent in an entry the first year they ran this - wasn't selected, but that was fine too...

My problem is that they donated money and gave lots of kudos to a particular "rescue" that I'm not sure I want to support.

Do they still support the "rescue" that shall not be named?

T.

I had a look at their FB page and from that looked up the website of an organisation called Starfish Animal Resue in Baulkham Hills. Under "Our Partners" are all USA centres. I was trying to find out who started/runs the organisation

Anyone know anything about them?

There is an American one and an Aussie one by the looks of it, and thats the website for the American one.

The Aussie one has a fb page that says "rescuing as many neglected animals as I can without going to prison for assault"

Spoke with the person from Starfish Animal Rescue at Baulkham Hills this morning and mentioned this thread. She was a bit surprised that they have been mentioned as they have no connection with this organisation.

Spoke with the person from Starfish Animal Rescue at Baulkham Hills this morning and mentioned this thread. She was a bit surprised that they have been mentioned as they have no connection with this organisation.

They don't have to have anything to do with the organisation :) . I was just scrolling through the photos and stories and saw this one:

We first met Andi 'on line', loved her profile and arranged to meet her in person at the Starfish Animal Rescue in Baulkham Hills, Sydney. We went for a beautiful walk together and it was love at first sight! Andi moved in with us that same day! She is adored by all our family and someone's loss was definitely our family's gain (especially for 84 year old Beryl, who is pictured here with Andi). It is inconceivable to think of buying a dog from a pet shop or breeder when there's little ones like Andi in shelters around the country just waiting to love and be loved.

I had never heard of the Starfish Animal Rescue so I enquired about it. No agenda or mystery, just interest as I am not far from Baulkham Hills.

ETA: You might like to get back to them to tell them that one of "their" dogs has been featured and it is a beautiful photograph of the dog and an elderly loving human :)

Edited by Danny's Darling

This might be of interest to you good people in rescue:

My Human Family

Rescue Dogs Find a Home

Community Photographic Exhibition

Presented by Pine Street Creative Arts Centre and Nick Baldas

Exhibition Dates: 6 August to 29 August 2013

Venue: Fountain Court Area, NSW Parliament House, 6 Macquarie Street, Sydney

Opening Times: 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday

http://www.pinestreet.com.au/my-human-family/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/My-Human-Family-Rescue-Dogs-Find-A-Home/257057447736073

Many thanks for posting - I loved reading the stories and seeing the pictures :thanks:

They don't have to have anything to do with the organisation :) . I was just scrolling through the photos and stories and saw this one:

We first met Andi 'on line', loved her profile and arranged to meet her in person at the Starfish Animal Rescue in Baulkham Hills, Sydney. We went for a beautiful walk together and it was love at first sight! Andi moved in with us that same day! She is adored by all our family and someone's loss was definitely our family's gain (especially for 84 year old Beryl, who is pictured here with Andi). It is inconceivable to think of buying a dog from a pet shop or breeder when there's little ones like Andi in shelters around the country just waiting to love and be loved.

Have already read this story about Andi so has Starfish.

I had never heard of the Starfish Animal Rescue so I enquired about it. No agenda or mystery, just interest as I am not far from Baulkham Hills.

You have now.

ETA: You might like to get back to them to tell them that one of "their" dogs has been featured and it is a beautiful photograph of the dog and an elderly loving human :)

No need to she already knows.

Edited by cryptic

I think it was just a tangent cryptic. :)

I should have said they aren't connected in my post re Starfish but didn't want to speak for her and am pretty sure it wasn't meant like that.

That's ok Powerlegs . I was actually not referring to your post . I should have replied direct to DD . Sorry for the confusion.

Have already read this story about Andi so has Starfish.

You have now.

No need to she already knows.

So what is the problem? :confused::confused:

Edited by Danny's Darling

I don't think they are affiliated with any rescue in particular. I see it as just a "feel good", "lets build awareness of rescue dogs" feature.

I have been getting regular emails and updates from them over the years and have never seen them promoting any particular rescue.

Jade the ACD x featured on the page is one of mine :) :)

Edited by spyda62