Resource Guarding

andrewang

Thanks for all the replies. It does seem like Caesar is sick of being bullied and decides to fight back. I take the blame for not removing him from those situations as he seem to "enjoy" it. He always seem to go back for more when being knocked over by another dog. It's also very hard for me to tell off other dog owners as we have become really close friends when our puppies are playing together.

It is very easy to say something & if you don't they may not even realize .

You can say it in a way thats polite & diplomatic

I brought Caesar to the park today when I know there will be no dogs and he enjoyed himself with a game of fetch and stick chewing. Even when a couple of older dogs came in later, he played well with them. Maybe he now prefers the company of older dogs.

Good older dogs can make excellent play mates as there more settled & the right ones can be excellent role models .

A pack of young dogs is no different to kids in kindy BUT the difference is kids are taught right/wrong people except things from other dogs without any thought of long term .

I will be walking him more and start looking for obedience clubs we can join. Caesar is still a really good dog but it sucks to know that I ruined a part of him due to my negligence.

You haven't ruined him as yet BUT its important to understand that offleash parks can create all sorts of issues when people don't read the signs.

Your pup is getting older & most likely looking for the next level of "guidance" but undesired behaviour can cause nice pups to just get feed up & you need to look for this & walk away if such issues occur

I will be walking him more and start looking for obedience clubs we can join.

Where abouts in VIC are you? I just joined the Dog Obedience Club in Knox and they seem very good, they're all about the quick reward system and finding out what works best for your dog.

I will be walking him more and start looking for obedience clubs we can join.

Where abouts in VIC are you? I just joined the Dog Obedience Club in Knox and they seem very good, they're all about the quick reward system and finding out what works best for your dog.

I'm located in Malvern East, Knox seem a little bit far but I really don't mind looking into it if they're really good.