Anyone Here From Marrickville Can Answer What Breed It Is?

Katdogs

I can't get a photo but there is the most huge dog living on a rooftop above shops in Marrickville Road (Sydney) that looks like a giant! She/he has sloped ears and varied colouring. He/she guards his/her patch of the world and if another dog is being walked past s/he has the most echoing of barks.

Has anyone else seen this magnificent creature? I think it's the corner of Illawarra Road.

Not sure if this link will work but something like this

I AM the world's worst breed identifier but I'm pretty sure this is not a Golden Retriever or Labrador :o

Edited by Katdogs

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This rooftop has big views Mita, it's on a road that runs along a ridge and the building is several storeys high. The dog can see a long way - and somehow see down to across the street too.

I've seen the dog a few times on Saturday afternoon rambles but I have a dreadful sense of location and direction :( I know it's the eastern (city) side of Marrickville Road, somewhere on or near a corner. I've usually got two dogs with me and Sammy still needs some wrangling through the crowds, especially if there's another dog nearby (which is what draws out the giant).

Minimax or FF it would be fantastic if you could spot it too! Sometimes there's another dog up there with it - but I'm talking about the BIG dog!

Can't wait to see pics. Could it be a maremmma?

It could be Maremma cross, but I'm sure it has colouring on the face. Similar shaped ears/top of skull so I started looking at those but I keep thinking of Casowner and lilli photos which is why I found the Anatolian.

But I have a history of getting breeds very wrong!

Not next Saturday but almost any other I'd love to lead a dog-spotting coffee and baked goods tour through Marrickville! Henson Park and Marrickville Park both have a lot of dogs of all shapes and sizes and I think Sammy has introduced himself to all of them.

This rooftop has big views Mita, it's on a road that runs along a ridge and the building is several storeys high. The dog can see a long way - and somehow see down to across the street too.

You've got me so curious.... dying to see the pics. That dog must think he's the Lion King up there! :)

I love your dog-spotting and coffee & baked goods tour idea. You could be on a winner. :thumbsup:

Edited by mita