Winter Appeal For Gundagai Pound.

Gundagai Pound is in need of bedding and coats. Gundagai is quite close to Tumut which is extremely cold in winter so the dogs really need extra warmth.

The dog sizes vary but usually they are on the larger side and some working breeds and working pups as well as the occasional smaller breed.

If you are able to spare a few coats or blankets here and there please send them to..

Attn: Andrew Ranger

255 Sheridan Street

Gundagai NSW 2722

Thank you :)

Edited by mixeduppup

I put your appeal up on the Animal Rescues Appeal site. They'd like to know if anyone will be washing coats/bedding. I suppose that will determine the kinds of things they'll send? Anyway, they're going to see what they can do.

I can't help out at present but if the situation is the same next winter I'd love to sew up a big batch of fleece coats for larger dogs and send them out at the beginning of winter as I collect fleece and tracksuit fabrics, as well as ribbing, from op shops throughout the year for this purpose. Our Peiradise babies have a good supply now so I'm happy to do a variety of really warm ones up for more rural and colder pounds or specific dogs in need. The same goes for any rescue group - if you ever need anything specific for an odd shaped dog or one who really feels the cold and needs a double coat or even onesies I'm happy to help, but unfortunately I am making other stuff right now as winter is kind of over for us up here in sunny QLD - 29 degrees today!

Any chance there is anyone going through Sydney? Or possible transport legs we can connect up? We have some towels + coats from our tracksuit drive we can donate.

Please PM me if I am not responding, I don't check here all that often.

Not knocking this, its great and I might have a large coat I can send but why isn't council supplying coats if they are needed?

Because many rural pounds don't have the funds to supply above the bare essentials and coats are not considered essentials and are therefore not in the budget.

There's regular dog transport TO Sydney from out that way... if they aren't taking dogs back, maybe they would be happy to take some bedding donations?

T.

That would work - not sure where in Sydney they drop off to? If it is a weekday pickup I can make arrangements so it is either with someone or left accessible but safe for pickup.