Obedience Dvds

Hi all,

So the last few weeks i have been really motivated to get into obedience with Jager and i have sourced my local obedience club (which was also recommended by a friend of a friend) so i have contacted them and they have a compulsory night session and then the following 2 sundays morning sessions. Which would normally be fine but they only run them once a month and unfortunately this month and next month i cannot attend either the night session or one/both sunday sessions. It really is just my luck cause normally i am never this busy! So i put my name down to attend in October....

But in the mean time i would like to keep motivated and start doing some obedience on my own. Jager already knows the basics sit, drop, stay (for short periods etc.) but they are just want i have taught him at home. I would like to start something more "formal" like what they will be doing at club lessons. Does anyone have any good recommendations on DVD's that i can buy that will start us off. They can be part of a series or not. IWe havent done a lot of heel work so will have to start at the basics.

Also where does everyone do their at "between meets" training? In your backyard, down the local park? I guess until we sort out a good focus then we will be best to start off in the backyard. Its not very big but we can incorporate inside without any problems.

Thanks guys!

I do my "training" in a combination of places, lounge, backyard, frontyard, local park, while walking.... something you can work on, is doggy pushups? stuff like that.

you can do that anywhere.

I like this guys videos. they are more for the general pet owner, but stuff there will help you with basics that will come into formal obedience

Does anyone have any good recommendations on DVD's that i can buy that will start us off. They can be part of a series or not. IWe havent done a lot of heel work so will have to start at the basics.

Denise Fenzi! She has website with a great blog, a YouTube channel with lots of great stuff and online classes starting every 2 months. Fantastic trainer - and awesome seminar presenter when she was over last month.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not a big fan of any DVD that actually has Leerburg in it. I feel the Leerburg DVDs I purchased were the most wasteful dog related products I've bought.

The Michael Ellis ones are pretty good though.

Do you mean the Ed Frawley ones? (Owner of Leerburg) I don't like his either. But I love Michael Ellis! If you can get his stuff that would be good.