Long Hair Labrador

Staffyluv

Just curious as I saw an ad for black and blonde purebred labs.

Mum is a pure english lab and is a long hair and dad is a short hair..

I had never heard of long hair labs before, can someone that knows the breed let me know please :)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another mystery for you.I saw a litter of Labrador pups that had unusual markings maybe merle but I'm not sure if that's what it's called.

The background was almost white with gold swerling pattern with ears head and tails deep gold.

I wondered if this patterning occurs in pedigree Lab pups and if so would the colour change once they were adults.?

I had never heard of long hair labs before, can someone that knows the breed let me know please :)

The fact they are calling them blonde labs says it all :(

I'd be guessing Mum is actually a golden retriever or lab x Golden :mad

Edited by teekay

Another mystery for you.I saw a litter of Labrador pups that had unusual markings maybe merle but I'm not sure if that's what it's called.

The background was almost white with gold swerling pattern with ears head and tails deep gold.

I wondered if this patterning occurs in pedigree Lab pups and if so would the colour change once they were adults.?

Like these? It's just how the colour looks on a newborn pup. You can only get merles if at least one of the parents is one.

The fact they are calling them blonde labs says it all :(

I'd be guessing Mum is actually a golden retriever or lab x Golden :mad

Yup, 'Blonde', 'gold', 'cream', 'white'. Anything other than Yellow is a sure sign to me to run away.

It's like calling a 'Red' Border Collie 'Wheaten'.

Like these? It's just how the colour looks on a newborn pup. You can only get merles if at least one of the parents is one.

Ah thanks ;I was googling for ages trying to find the answer.

Edited by Purdie

A friend just got one of these special dogs. I was slightly suspicious when I saw the photos and it had a goldy type coat and white face and chest markings. I am very polite though and didn't say anything.

Said friend then told another friend that they got the puppy from a pet shop but not to tell me as I would go around to their house and stab them. :rofl:

Quite funny really.

She just told another person asking about them that they were at the vets last week (born on the 15/8 in her original post) and he said that the hips and elbows don't come any better.. But neither mum or dad have had their hip and elbows scored (by her own admission).

Mum prob has some Golden in her. One of my biggest pet peeve is when someone calls my Golden a lab. I was at the vets today with my Golden boy and the vet called him a lab. Of course I corrected him and then he said Goldens are just labs with long hair :mad

..and I think perhaps remove the pics, just in case ? ;)

Why they are on a public page.

I am not naming anyone or have said where it is from (from what I can tell, she isn't even local to where I live as she is offering transport of these pups).

Mum prob has some Golden in her. One of my biggest pet peeve is when someone calls my Golden a lab. I was at the vets today with my Golden boy and the vet called him a lab. Of course I corrected him and then he said Goldens are just labs with long hair :mad

What hope is there when the vets can't even be bothered to get it right?