'no News Is Not Always Good News.'

trinabean

Thanks for posting TB and I really hope all goes well with Bruno. Your posts have reminded me - when Sarah saw the Chiro Vet last week, he noticed her previously aspirated lump and despite me being told its a lymphoma he wasn't so sure and didn't like the feel of it. So I'll make an appointment to re-check it ASAP. smile.gif. Thanks again.

Bruno has been through a lot in his short time Trina and i think you should be commended on how you have handled everything. He has been through it but so have you and i can imagine how sick to your stomach you must be feeling about this.

I hope your appointment goes well today. If i was in your situation i would definitely be taking this up with whoever is in charge or owns the Dermatologist's. It is absolutly not accpetable that no one contacted you in regards to his results even if the person who sent in the test's had left. Something is clearly wrong with their processes and they need to do something about it!

Sending hugs to you & Bruno.

Thanks for posting TB and I really hope all goes well with Bruno. Your posts have reminded me - when Sarah saw the Chiro Vet last week, he noticed her previously aspirated lump and despite me being told its a lymphoma he wasn't so sure and didn't like the feel of it. So I'll make an appointment to re-check it ASAP. :). Thanks again.

If it does nothing else Westiemum, I hope this thread has done some good for your Sarah. Do get it re-checked, for your piece of mind. I really hope all is ok for her. :)

Bruno has been through a lot in his short time Trina and i think you should be commended on how you have handled everything. He has been through it but so have you and i can imagine how sick to your stomach you must be feeling about this.

I hope your appointment goes well today. If i was in your situation i would definitely be taking this up with whoever is in charge or owns the Dermatologist's. It is absolutly not accpetable that no one contacted you in regards to his results even if the person who sent in the test's had left. Something is clearly wrong with their processes and they need to do something about it!

Sending hugs to you & Bruno.

Thank you for your kind words Melbomb. I'm not sure that I have handled things well. To be honest, I'll probably be a total PIA client from now on. I'll be nagging and double-checking vets forevermore! I have emailed the clinic and requested an explanation and a review of procedures. I wouldn't want this to happen to anyone else. Although human error can always happen I suppose.

I have recieved a reply - a formal apology and apparently an internal investigation started on Friday. The day that I was first given the news. They will be in touch when more is known about the failure in the system.

Thanks Perse and CrazyCresties for your thoughts too.

Bruno is booked in for surgery tomorrow morning. The mass with be removed from his ear. And there is a new lesion on his leg that came up during last week, that will go too. I will update once I know what grade they are. I might start a new thread in Health/ Nutrition forum for that.

I'm so sorry about your dog, that is terrible practice by the vets and I would be putting in a complaint. My staffy had a MCT and the vets wanted to operate within days, so I desperately hope the time lapse hasn't had too much effect. My boy went on to be happy and healthy for a number of years before lymphoma took him before his time. Sending positive vibes.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts. I do appreciate the DOL community support. Most people I know think that a dog is "just a dog" and wouldn't understand. The surgery went well. Bruno being Bruno, the mass was of course located right on top of the main blood vessel that supplies the ear. Not the easiest spot for the vet. I won't get the pathology results until Friday, so it's a waiting game now.

Apparently he was a sweetheart and behaved himself for the nurses/ vet (phew!) :)

Ruthless, I do hope Bruno is as fortunate as Trixie too.

Westiemum, I hope Sarah's pathology comes back as nothing serious.

Rather than clog up 'General' I will start a new thread in 'Health/ nutrition' to update when I know more.