Cowboy Magic Detangler And Shine

From my experience most of the products that claim that don't in the fashion people expect & its still about coat maintenance.

I do how ever use the Cowboy Magic range (Rose hip sham/con & there shine spray & find it a great product

I've used it on my boys snout hair when they were very matted. It worked well but it's quite greasy, sort of reminds me of the old brill cream guys used in their hair in the old days. It smells like that too.

Don't know how it would work as a dirt repelent, I've only needed to use it a couple of times but I must say it's one of the better detanglers I've used over the years.

I've recently purchased the EQyss conditioner detangler which is oil & silicone free. Extremely light weight where as Cowboy Magic is thick, like oil.

Edited by wire

I've used it on my boys snout hair when they were very matted. It worked well but it's quite greasy, sort of reminds me of the old brill cream guys used in their hair in the old days. It smells like that too.

Don't know how it would work as a dirt repelent, I've only needed to use it a couple of times but I must say it's one of the better detanglers I've used over the years.

I've recently purchased the EQyss conditioner detangler which is oil & silicone free. Extremely light weight where as Cowboy Magic is thick, like oil.

This sounds good. Have you tried it out yet? I'd be interested to know what you think.

Its really easier to just brush more often ,these products still need washing out is if extra work isn't what your after best to avoid & do the basics better.

You can simply use brill cream ,have used that on the show dogs for years BUT mine don't get knots & its a preventive for other things

Thanks for the advice, but after bathing Kirah this morning with her normal Bio Groom Wiry Coat, she's come up lovely -- gorgeous texture to her coat and fantastic shine!! :thumbsup:

I guess I was just looking for something to help maintain her coat rather than bathing her monthly as I'm worried about stripping too many oils from her coat. Living outside she gets quite dirty, but I suppose I will need to bath her moire often if she's out in the elements more than other dogs who spend a lot of time inside.

I worry that even monthly bathing is too much, especially when my other dog Zeus always looks clean and can go 6 months without looking dirty or having a 'dog' smell. I comb and brush her every second day to avoid tangles too. Kirah definitely lives up to her 'earth dog' terrier-ness -- she's always scrounging and foraging in the scrub and dirt!!

:laugh:

I use this product regularly and it is awsome. It only leaves the coat greasy if too much is used. I have saved many dogs ears and tails (the hair) that normally would have needed clipping off. I also use it on my poodles ears and all over my silky x shihtzu and my pom x chi it leaves them beautiful, soft and shiny.

I use this product regularly and it is awsome. It only leaves the coat greasy if too much is used. I have saved many dogs ears and tails (the hair) that normally would have needed clipping off. I also use it on my poodles ears and all over my silky x shihtzu and my pom x chi it leaves them beautiful, soft and shiny.

Same here. I've used this product for years on my Cavaliers and they've never looked greasy. Less is more with Cowboy Magic and brushing well with a good quality brush leaves their coats shiny, soft and matt free.

Hey Clyde, got the EQyss shampoo & the detangler. Have only used them once so far but I loved the shampoo and the after 'clean' smell my boys had. Have always used Aloveen products but I think these are way better and really light - hugely better in the smell factor and has left their coat soooo soft.

With the detangler, I sprayed them after their bath as they kept running past me but matts seem to be less even though their hair is kept shortish for weatens. I've just sprayed one of them now and will brush him out later. He'll love that!

I use this on my horses tail and it is great but have found something even better!

I am now using a shampoo called Lucky Braids and it is AMAZING!!!! My horse has a thick tail that gets all these twists in it. I used to shampoo, condition and then use the CB magic. Not any more, just the shampoo does the job. It is seriously fantastic stuff.

This is the lady who makes it in the US - http://luckybraids.com/

In Australia I buy it from Kerry Mastermann, she is the local aussie reseller. This is her fb page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Top-Turnout-Australia/149308055235143?fref=ts

It ges a huge rave from me :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up WP . Sounds like great shampoo.

I might give it a go on my bc's :)

I used it on old Bob (greyhound) this weekend and his coat has come up all lovely and shiny. His skin has been a bit irritated and dry but it sorted that out also.

I'm a huge fan :thumbsup:

Thanks for the heads up WP . Sounds like great shampoo.

I might give it a go on my bc's :)

I used it on old Bob (greyhound) this weekend and his coat has come up all lovely and shiny. His skin has been a bit irritated and dry but it sorted that out also.

I'm a huge fan :thumbsup:

I tried to order it through her facebook shop but came up with this message

"

Shop Builder would like to access your public profile and friend list." & there is no way I am going to allow Shop Builder access to my profile & friends list, so is there any other way of buying it ?? :confused: