Confused As To What To Do Next?

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jules,

Have been watching this thread all week trying to find the right words. Its been an incredibly difficult week for you with Joey passing and I was so sad too - and as well for me a rescue friends beloved westie died suddenly earlier this week and my best friends rescue cav died today suddenly, from the scourge of cav heart disease, while they were overseas (her 19 year old daughter has coped well with the loss of her mother's rescue cav). So its hard to know what to say or when to say it.

I was so sorry for you and Michael to see Joey had died. He was a beautiful little man and he had a wonderful life with you all. And he'll watch over you until you join him, wherever you believe that is angel2.gif.

Take care and you know where to find me if there's anything I can do.

Big hugs hug.gifhug.gif.

Thank you Westiemum.

sorry to hear of the passing of your friend's dogs last week toofrown.gif I read of another Cav passing away last week also. Thats the thing Joey was still heart clear at 9 years of age! then something else crops up with our beloved furbabies that takes us completely by surprise icon_smile_mad.gifcrying.gif

Id like to think Joey is watching over us now :) x

The rose bush is such a perfect idea. Thinking of you xx

It is, cant wait now for my friend to get us it ! Thank you Cassie :) x

I hope you are OK Jules. Remember all the good times and that he lives on in your :heart: Enjoy the company of your other little fur-babies and let them help ease your pain.

Doing the best we can atm CHA.. Im trying too. Im bit worried about Joey's Mum, shes missing him a fair bit now. Thank you for your kind thoughts x

I looked at the images of Joey's rose Jules and this is what I found https://www.google.c...iw=1024&bih=582

When I see a rose of that beautiful colour I will think of your lovely boy.

I am so sad for you and your husband.

B

Awww thank you Baronia, it is a lovely rose by the looks of the pics (my friend is yet to pick one up for us), and appropriate colouring too in memory of Joey.

Seems Just Joey is very well liked all over the place ;-)

Jules, looking at the pics B posted of 'Just Joey', I went 'hang on...' . I have two very old 'bush' roses in my garden in front of the lounge room windows which I believe are at least 30 years old - possibly older. And one of mine looks exactly like Bs pics. And I have a vague recollection that someone told me years ago that its name was 'Just Joey' . And if its not exactly the same its incredibly similar. The bushes are tall - a bit taller than me and I'm just over 5'6" and quite bushy. The roses have a lovely old-fashioned perfume. So when you get yours, assuming its not a climbing variety then give it some space when you plant it.

And if you're in town anytime and would like some roses then give me a hoy... Love to catch up. smile.gif

Edited by westiemum

Thank you Westiemum :)

Thank you Maeby Funky x

I'm having a day where i feel very angry about it all , its just not fair. I did not expect his life would end this soon ! crying.gif

Ah ! Jules I am so sorry to hear this! RIP little Joey. The Just Joey rose is BEAUTIFUL and delightfully fragrant..perfect !.

Hugs and Blessings

Helen

Hi Jules. I'm new to the forums but was in tears reading your story whilst at work today. Your story almost perfectly mirrors that of the lead up to, and the passing of my beautiful Border Collie girl last year. She was fine, playing and happy and her usual amazing self one day, and then within a week we had to let her go because she couldn't even stand up without collapsing. The vet suspected the same; a brain/brain stem tumor. She was 13.5. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and the ups and downs that come with not knowing exactly what the diagnosis is, or what to expect, or whether or not the cortisone will make a difference, or if there were earlier signs that you might have missed etc. Like Joey, she would have periods where she appeared to "come good" but then quickly fade again... The most devastating was when I opened the front door to take her to the vets to say goodbye, and she had a sudden burst of energy and ran outside to the car. Within 10 minutes she was barely moving again. Apparently this is not uncommon.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. It seems Joey was very blessed to have you as his owner. <3

Gentle :hug: , Jules. It's hard enough when they leave us, but harder when we feel as though they've left before their time. Treasure the memories, and let the other fur kids comfort you.

Thank you Tassie, todays its been 2 weeks since he left us crying.gif I keep looking at his grave and hoping he will come back out and be perfect again ;( x

Ah ! Jules I am so sorry to hear this! RIP little Joey. The Just Joey rose is BEAUTIFUL and delightfully fragrant..perfect !.

Hugs and Blessings

Helen

Thank you Helen x

Hi Jules. I'm new to the forums but was in tears reading your story whilst at work today. Your story almost perfectly mirrors that of the lead up to, and the passing of my beautiful Border Collie girl last year. She was fine, playing and happy and her usual amazing self one day, and then within a week we had to let her go because she couldn't even stand up without collapsing. The vet suspected the same; a brain/brain stem tumor. She was 13.5. I'm so sorry to hear of your loss and the ups and downs that come with not knowing exactly what the diagnosis is, or what to expect, or whether or not the cortisone will make a difference, or if there were earlier signs that you might have missed etc. Like Joey, she would have periods where she appeared to "come good" but then quickly fade again... The most devastating was when I opened the front door to take her to the vets to say goodbye, and she had a sudden burst of energy and ran outside to the car. Within 10 minutes she was barely moving again. Apparently this is not uncommon.

Again, I'm sorry for your loss. It seems Joey was very blessed to have you as his owner. <3

Hi Ranger, welcome to Dol :)

Im sorry to hear your dog went in a similar way, thats so sad. I've had dogs in the past with tumours, but i have seen the tumour but with this I had no idea really. Who would have thought, and especially at his age crying.gif

Today its been 2 weeks since we said goodbye to our Joey, still find it very very hard to let go. I have health issues and its sure taken its toll on me.

Yes and I know what you mean about questioning the lead up to it. A few weeks earlier to it coming to a head i had been a lady's place and she had a dog. I patted it a few times. I'm sure i washed my hands when I got back home. But later this lady said she had found a tick on her dog, we don't usually have ticks here in SA but it got me wondering did I bring one home and give it to Joey and thats what caused his death? I know thats unlikely but all sorts of things go through your head after doesn't it confused.gif

Ohhh Jules and Michael

Im so sorry to read this :cry:

Just Joey Rose is perfect for your Joey

RIP Joey

Thank You Tara and Sam , i keep thinking im dealing with it but my health and anxieties tell me otherwise. Who would have thought his number would up at only 9 years of age, I wouldn't have (

I have got the Just Joey rose bush now, it needs planting properly yet, but it does have one single rose on it thats opening up smile.gif

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs

i keep thinking im dealing with it but my health and anxieties tell me otherwise. Who would have thought his number would up at only 9 years of age, I wouldn't have (

Allow yourself the time to greive

I know my panic attacks came back badly with other health issues :( when I had to give Tara her wings

It all happened to quick for you

Take care of yourself

:hug:

You mentioned you dont have the best soil up your way

maybe a nice large pot with good potting soil will help with the rose

i keep thinking im dealing with it but my health and anxieties tell me otherwise. Who would have thought his number would up at only 9 years of age, I wouldn't have (

Allow yourself the time to greive

I know my panic attacks came back badly with other health issues :( when I had to give Tara her wings

It all happened to quick for you

Take care of yourself

:hug:

You mentioned you dont have the best soil up your way

maybe a nice large pot with good potting soil will help with the rose

Thank you T &S, yeah ive had some nasty panic attacks of late ;(

I will get a nice large pot with some good potting soil to help with the roses :) x

Been thinking of you and hoping you are going okay.

Thank you also OSoSwift x

This is the first flower on our Just Joey memorial rose bush that Michael and I bought as a result of a friend letting us know about this rose ! She also bought us a cutting but it still has to develop properly. We have to soon buy a nice pot/s to put them both in Not sure what colour pots would suit them best?

The rose looks a bit larger in the photo due to me being up close to it.

post-11918-0-68126700-1379642768_thumb.jpg

Edited by Jules❤3Cavs