Tick Warning Seq Areas

dogbesotted

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's awful... Did your dogs recover ok?

I lost a dog to a tick when I was a kid - never want to see that again!

We have the scalibor tick collar on our pup and haven't seen any ticks yet... Will see what happens.

The bloke over the road has a little malt x and he came over for my OH to remove the large scrub tick off his little dog. We have these really neat tick removers that we bought for the first aid box that OH needs for his bush-care/regeneration group.

The little dog was fine which was a surprise, the tick didn't affect her at all.

A scrub tick isn't the same as a paralysis tick. It also takes about 3-4 days for tick paralysis to start so if you are quick about removing them then the dog should be ok. On one of the occasions I ended up with ticks i was out bush on Saturday, took 2 off me Saturday night and found another on Sunday. On Tuesday I started feeling rather off and by Wednesday I was feeling quite weak and atrocious, then I found a tick that I had missed! I fremoved it and a couple of days later I was feeling much better, probably a good thing I found it when I did, much longer and I think I would have been in a bad place.

That's awful... Did your dogs recover ok?

I lost a dog to a tick when I was a kid - never want to see that again!

We have the scalibor tick collar on our pup and haven't seen any ticks yet... Will see what happens.

yep luckily they survived. hairy harry huge by the skin of his teeth.. he was paralysed for 20 days... very scary

h

It's frightening reading about ticks.

Can you please advise what dog shampoo is effective for preventing ticks?

I'm going to buy some tick prevention products online. I've noticed you mentioned tick collar brands but I couldn't see any details on suitable dog tick shampoo products.

Thanks

It's frightening reading about ticks.

Can you please advise what dog shampoo is effective for preventing ticks?

I'm going to buy some tick prevention products online. I've noticed you mentioned tick collar brands but I couldn't see any details on suitable dog tick shampoo products.

Thanks

I don't think there are any shampoos designed to prevent ticks - you would need to use a preventative such as Frontline.

I know when I was a kid we'd get our dogs 'tick-bathed' at the mobile hydrobath, but I have no idea what chemical it was, or if you could buy it yourself. Wouldn't work too well if you dog likes getting wet though.

In the last two months I have taken a total of 12 ticks off ME! they are rampant this year.

where on the south coast are you,we are going to Tomakin in November,havent had any problems down there previously but want to be prepared