Please Delete - Thread Was A Waste Of Time

If truth is now deemed "muck raking" - dog help us all...

The truth of the matter is that Rocky's K9 Rescue is milking Ben's "story" for everything they can get... and the "truth" really isn't getting in the way of that.

Yes - the pound did not ante up for expensive surgery for Ben while he was in their care - but they definitely did NOT leave him untreated at all. They did what was in their power to do for him under the law as it currently stands.

DD - you know for a fact that Ben did not have any bedding supplied by the pound during his stay? Have you confirmed that he did NOT receive any pain relief?

T.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hear on the rescue grapevine that Rockys Rescue did very well at a fundraising event held just for them recently ... I would have thought it would be more than enough to have taken this dog on and covered his vet bills.

And I'm sure you are fully aware of how rescue expenses are a bottomless pit. You don't know what existing debts they already had - and maybe what they raised only cleared their existing debts.

Fully aware.

Edited by dogmad

Odd. And yes, amusing that people are so quick to believe. Of course the place isn't perfect and has screwed up before, but this scenario makes no sense.

A dog who received no care bandaged himself with quite a professional looking sling.

And yes, amusing that people are so quick to jump on Rocky's - like iron filings to a magnet, like a record stuck in a grove, the usual suspects come out to play, with the same old clap trap. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe the dog was bandaged before it came to Blacktown?

The thread was not about bagging Blacktown Pound, or bagging the group that took Ben on. The wording they used to advertise his plight would not have been my choice, but bottom line is the dog required some assistance. If people would like to help, great. If they don't want to help, can't help, don't like the group - that's fine also - just move on and spare the rest of us the usual crap trap - I for one am over it.

I'm not the one who said anything about Rocky's. Don't care who took the dog.

I said the story was questionable so you can pull your head in right there with your creative writing about 'usual suspects' jumping on Rocky's.

Want to know what else is amusing? Your complete over reaction. Just message Troy and request the thread be removed.

Yes I've seriously only just noticed. I don't want to think about Merna and her antics any more than necessary - such as when her name was raised at a dinner party the other night, or a thread like this comes up by coincidence at the same time.

I know nothing about any dinner party - I live in another state and do this thread bec no-one in NSW would step up to the plate and help out the state's biggest pound. I saw this request on FB and decided to post on here - I hummed and ahhed whether it would attract the usual muck rakers and snide comments - I thought maybe this time it would be different, but sadly I was wrong.

Sorry BL I was replying to DD and shouldn't post when I'm upset. I'm glad you're able to help out Blacktown Pound and you obviously have a big heart.

I'd really like to not think about Rocky's K9 at all, but because she is fairly local to me I can't help but run into people who tell me about their rescue - undesexed, or a different one at the park that was DA and growling at the children - and then I'm forced to take notice.

If you hadn't started this thread about Ben, I was going to start a thread asking if rehoming undesexed dogs that have been released by a pound to a rescue group is legal (obviously it's not ethical). I thought Blacktown was desexing before sale, so this particular dog must have come out under Clause whatsy?

DD - you know for a fact that Ben did not have any bedding supplied by the pound during his stay? Have you confirmed that he did NOT receive any pain relief?

Photographs can lie - but there didn't seem to be bedding for him.

I didn't say anything about whether he received pain relief or not because I don't know and neither do you unless you have contacted them and spoken to someone who would know.

I didn't say anything about Rocky's K9 as it is years since I've had anything to do with Merna. Who knows? She may have changed. :shrug:

I wasn't having a go at you Katdogs; I was just genuinely surprised that you'd never seen the page devoted to Norma on Rocky's K9's website. There was quite a lot posted about it at one stage.

I didn't say anything about whether he received pain relief or not because I don't know and neither do you unless you have contacted them and spoken to someone who would know.

I didn't say anything about Rocky's K9 as it is years since I've had anything to do with Merna. Who knows? She may have changed. :shrug:

I wasn't having a go at you Katdogs; I was just genuinely surprised that you'd never seen the page devoted to Norma on Rocky's K9's website. There was quite a lot posted about it at one stage.

In a photo that shows a 360 degree unobstructed view of his housing? Or one that shows a tiny square?

If you hadn't started this thread about Ben, I was going to start a thread asking if rehoming undesexed dogs that have been released by a pound to a rescue group is legal (obviously it's not ethical). I thought Blacktown was desexing before sale, so this particular dog must have come out under Clause whatsy?

:) Hi K.

Not illegal per 16D or CA Act. However Blacktown, Renbury and Hawkesbury instituted individual agreements re desexing guarantee for any dog released entire to a rescue group.

Failure to sign the agreement can lead to your termination as a group approved to release from there. I don't know what disciplinary action is taken if you rehome an undesexed dog but stat decs can easily be done saying the dog is unfit or already desexed.

You'd also have to give any group the benefit of doubt that they have already thought of these conditions. Adoptive homes can actually be a 'foster to adopt' situation where the dog is not technically available for adoption and not yet signed over until desexing takes place. :) Hope that helps.

I said the story was questionable so you can pull your head in right there with your creative writing about 'usual suspects' jumping on Rocky's.

Want to know what else is amusing? Your complete over reaction. Just message Troy and request the thread be removed.

I didn’t say you did say anything about Rocky’s – I made the comment that the usual suspects come out to play when it comes to criticising Rocky’s – if you thought I was including you in that group then maybe you are the one who's over-reacting. My head is just fine where it is – but thanks anyway for the suggestion :)

I fail to understand why people can’t look at a request for assistance and decide to either assist or not assist – if you don’t like the group, just ignore the request. What is achieved with all the sniping – absolutely nothing. But that's DOL I suppose - lots of many wonderful things happen on here, and then there's the other stuff ...

Odd. And yes, amusing that people are so quick to believe. Of course the place isn't perfect and has screwed up before, but this scenario makes no sense.

A dog who received no care bandaged himself with quite a professional looking sling.

And yes, amusing that people are so quick to jump on Rocky's - like iron filings to a magnet, like a record stuck in a grove, the usual suspects come out to play, with the same old clap trap. Did it ever cross your mind that maybe the dog was bandaged before it came to Blacktown?

The thread was not about bagging Blacktown Pound, or bagging the group that took Ben on. The wording they used to advertise his plight would not have been my choice, but bottom line is the dog required some assistance. If people would like to help, great. If they don't want to help, can't help, don't like the group - that's fine also - just move on and spare the rest of us the usual crap trap - I for one am over it.

I didn’t say you did say anything about Rocky’s – I made the comment that the usual suspects come out to play when it comes to criticising Rocky’s – if you thought I was including you in that group then maybe you are the one who's over-reacting. My head is just fine where it is – but thanks anyway for the suggestion

You quoted me and asked me a question. If you didn't intend to include me as whoever the usual suspects are then leave me out of it.

I didn’t say you did say anything about Rocky’s – I made the comment that the usual suspects come out to play when it comes to criticising Rocky’s – if you thought I was including you in that group then maybe you are the one who's over-reacting. My head is just fine where it is – but thanks anyway for the suggestion :)

I fail to understand why people can’t look at a request for assistance and decide to either assist or not assist – if you don’t like the group, just ignore the request. What is achieved with all the sniping – absolutely nothing. But that's DOL I suppose - lots of many wonderful things happen on here, and then there's the other stuff ...

I think maybe you'd have been better off going to the General section and asking other DOL members there for financial assistance for a rescue group. And that is meant in a constructive way. :)

Yes I've seriously only just noticed. I don't want to think about Merna and her antics any more than necessary - such as when her name was raised at a dinner party the other night, or a thread like this comes up by coincidence at the same time.

I know nothing about any dinner party - I live in another state and do this thread bec no-one in NSW would step up to the plate and help out the state's biggest pound. I saw this request on FB and decided to post on here - I hummed and ahhed whether it would attract the usual muck rakers and snide comments - I thought maybe this time it would be different, but sadly I was wrong.

Oh dear, Blacktown List is at it again, I thought it was suppose to be for Blacktown pound dogs. All the other dogs that need out due to age or illness have gone away from the pound threads quietly and with no word from Blacktown List, but one pops up again by BL, instead of using your own log in. Last time it was pound rounders and that is why it is most likely no one wanted to be associated with it and had a hard time finding someone to continue it after Justin did something similar under the name Blacktown List......

Oh really?! not bagging Blacktown Pound but added the allegation of Blacktown Pound failing to get the dog treatment during his two week impoundment.... (now deleted from the first post)

You don't know what happened, EXACTLY, no one does, it is just someone banging on about a pound and trying to fund raise with that to raise emotional responses. If someone that has something to do with this dog, and feels that something failed, start talking with Blacktown, not DOL it under Blacktown List.

I am more concerned about who the hell is running Blacktown List, going rogue again are we?? Oh and insulting the forum you post pound dogs on, good job.

I think maybe you'd have been better off going to the General section and asking other DOL members there for financial assistance for a rescue group. And that is meant in a constructive way. :)

I suggest they stay on FB where nothing is questioned and if by chance it is, they can delete what they don't like

From the perspective of the pound, the thread and the website link was very critical of them. Then responses here were critical of the rescue.

Who knows which is a victim or villian here.

For a new comer to this rescue site perspective, seriously this is actually a good balanced view from the rescue community. :thumbsup:

There are always 2 sides to a story and people are very quick to believe that someone had done wrong.

On the issue of an aggressive dog being rehomed, again 2 sides to the story. I'm not saying that the rescue did wrong or not but ....

Was the introduction handled properly? was it obvious that the dogs were not compatible? I can almost guarantee that the forever home would own up to any wrong doing in this instance. Unfortunately have had first hand experience of how easily the actual truth bends.

Thank you for not deleting this thread, its actually a good learning curve for us newbies :)

Oh dear, Blacktown List is at it again, I thought it was suppose to be for Blacktown pound dogs. All the other dogs that need out due to age or illness have gone away from the pound threads quietly and with no word from Blacktown List, but one pops up again by BL, instead of using your own log in. Last time it was pound rounders and that is why it is most likely no one wanted to be associated with it and had a hard time finding someone to continue it after Justin did something similar under the name Blacktown List......

Oh really?! not bagging Blacktown Pound but added the allegation of Blacktown Pound failing to get the dog treatment during his two week impoundment.... (now deleted from the first post)

Post 1 was repeated in Post 2 - so feel free to have another read

You don't know what happened, EXACTLY, no one does, it is just someone banging on about a pound and trying to fund raise with that to raise emotional responses. If someone that has something to do with this dog, and feels that something failed, start talking with Blacktown, not DOL it under Blacktown List.

I am more concerned about who the hell is running Blacktown List, going rogue again are we?? Oh and insulting the forum you post pound dogs on, good job.

Is this the best you can do ... :clap:

Post 1 was repeated in Post 2 - so feel free to have another read

Is this the best you can do ... :clap:

:laugh: really, you felt the need to delete your post, it shows you weren't willing to continue with the thread you started as you didn't get the response you wanted and start chucking a tantrum. The link also goes straight to the allegations of the pound failing to give the dog pain relief or vet treatment.

Thank you for ignoring all my other concerns about writing under BL again with a seeming bias for a specific rescue. Blacktown List strikes again

:laugh: really, you felt the need to delete your post, it shows you weren't willing to continue with the thread you started as you didn't get the response you wanted and start chucking a tantrum. The link also goes straight to the allegations of the pound failing to give the dog pain relief or vet treatment.

Thank you for ignoring all my other concerns about writing under BL again with a seeming bias for a specific rescue. Blacktown List strikes again

Your concerns are of no concern to me :)

For a new comer to this rescue site perspective, seriously this is actually a good balanced view from the rescue community. :thumbsup:

There are always 2 sides to a story and people are very quick to believe that someone had done wrong.

On the issue of an aggressive dog being rehomed, again 2 sides to the story. I'm not saying that the rescue did wrong or not but ....

Was the introduction handled properly? was it obvious that the dogs were not compatible? I can almost guarantee that the forever home would own up to any wrong doing in this instance. Unfortunately have had first hand experience of how easily the actual truth bends.

Thank you for not deleting this thread, its actually a good learning curve for us newbies :)

The rescue in question actually has a less than glorious history of not always making the best rehoming matches - and for browbeating those who dare to try to return an unsuitable dog back to the rescue. They are also affiliated with the org that shall not be named...

T.

Edited by tdierikx