Please Delete - Thread Was A Waste Of Time

:laugh: really, you felt the need to delete your post, it shows you weren't willing to continue with the thread you started as you didn't get the response you wanted and start chucking a tantrum. The link also goes straight to the allegations of the pound failing to give the dog pain relief or vet treatment.

Thank you for ignoring all my other concerns about writing under BL again with a seeming bias for a specific rescue. Blacktown List strikes again

Your concerns are of no concern to me :)

Is that the best you can do? :clap:

Blacktown List being biased and people hiding under the name again. Why does this keep happening? It is suppose to be for pound dogs, not fund raising for rescues they choose to support.

What has happened to all the other dogs from that pound? Why haven't you put up where they have gone and the vet work expenses they need covered?

Next time use your own DOL name for this, not Blacktown List.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:laugh: really, you felt the need to delete your post, it shows you weren't willing to continue with the thread you started as you didn't get the response you wanted and start chucking a tantrum. The link also goes straight to the allegations of the pound failing to give the dog pain relief or vet treatment.

Thank you for ignoring all my other concerns about writing under BL again with a seeming bias for a specific rescue. Blacktown List strikes again

Your concerns are of no concern to me :)

Well they should be.

Your login is a privilege not a right. There are only 3 multi user profiles on DOL. Shelter List, Rescue List and Blacktown List. Because Troy allows them to be here.

Only a fool would risk their pound profile by posting nonsense smartarse comments, back peddling and getting into petty arguments. Blacktown List was suspended once before in the exact same situation.

I hope that's crystal clear. It'll only take one person using the report button to bring attention to this.

I don't normally comment in this type of thing but I feel I have to. Coming from someone who also posts on behalf of a pound. PR is very important and if I were Blacktown Pound I would be pretty upset the way Blacktown List is behaving in a popular public forum with my name attached to them. Maybe dial it back a bit BL and focus on the fact that negativity will only hurt the dogs you're trying to help. If you're going to argue perhaps go under your own name :)

Edited by mixeduppup

You don't know what happened, EXACTLY, no one does,

That is EXACTLY what I was saying. I don't know, and the only people who do know are the Blacktound Pound people who were involved in the dog's care. All else is supposition.

It never ceases to amaze me how many people will happily believe that a pound will knowingly allow an animal to suffer in their care... then again, there's no drama involved in the other scenario, is there?

The pound in qestion is under no legal obligation to have surgery performed upon any animal in their care - but they ARE bound to the laws that state they must at least make said animal as comfortable as possible until it transpires that the dog is officially owned by someone, and the onus is passed to them to provide any needed surgery. Be that the original owners, or a rescue...

T.

You don't know what happened, EXACTLY, no one does,

That is EXACTLY what I was saying. I don't know, and the only people who do know are the Blacktound Pound people who were involved in the dog's care. All else is supposition.

By my post it was in regards to you stating there was no bed seen in the picture and you assume there is none because of that.

Your thoughts are an assumption and nothing more.

This issue would have better being dealt with between the pound and the people making the allegations rather than a money raising thread based on nothing more than claims that obviously can't be backed up.

couldn"t all this be cleared up by the pound just telling us what went on? Don"t they keep notes or a file etc of any/all dogs who had treatment .

It reads to me this rescue has saved a few more since Ben and need assistance in the way of foster carers .For me if I couldn"t cope with the animals in my care and the costs involved why get more? YES I know its sad and we would like to save them all but you simply can"t and you must continue to make sure the ones you have already are getting all you can provide .

At last count roughly 70 people had donated to the friends of Ben cause surely they can make up the difference ?

I know any dog who finds their way into care costs money but it wouldn"t be fair to continue to ask for money for A DOG only to get more than enough and then use that for others. UNLESS you make sure everyone who donates knows the money is being spread around.

The public loves pull at the heart strings stories and they love to hate animal cruelty stories .For me I now see this story as a stab at the pound with all the public already believes about what goes on in there I think this is just more bad publicity something the pound doesn"t need

BUT

on the other hand maybe the public will all rush in to adopt thinking the dogs are in more mortal danger while there ?

Sadly this has lost all focus on ben and yes to me seems all about money and rubbishing Blacktown pound not here but by the Rescue in question if they work so well with the pound why didn"t they word it to read Ben came into the pound with his injuries not that the pound neglected him?

couldn"t all this be cleared up by the pound just telling us what went on? Don"t they keep notes or a file etc of any/all dogs who had treatment .

The pound isn't obligated to tell 'us' anything. If anyone is interested I am sure a call to the pound would answer this query however.

The pound isn't obligated to tell 'us' anything. If anyone is interested I am sure a call to the pound would answer this query however.

I understand I thought it was them replying here so assumed they knew. I read the thread and blacktown list seemed upset at what was being written by others so just naturally assumed they knew the story and rather than go back and forth with who said what they could just clear it up and be done with it.

I personally haven"t donated any money and would investigate more before doing so.

If they obliigated to tell us I doubt they would over the phone either ? shame this has come to this I just hope others are smart enough to get both sides of the story too

Malti take a powder :D You are obviously not reading posts in full. I did say that photographs can lie, and I was responding to another poster who categorically said, without any evidence, that the dog would have been given pain relief by the pound.

The pound is between a rock and a hard place when animals come in like this... and I'm sure that not one staff member at that particular pound likes to see dogs suffering needlessly. Let's cut them a little slack, OK?

No cutting anyone any slack who doesn't even give the dog a soft bed to lie on. OK?

then went on to addressing another quote :confused: seems pretty clear to me what you said

I am sure by now we know pounds are legally bound to get pain relief at least for animals in their care if in pain or be advised by a vet for the best course of action.

This dog is out of the pound, no one seemed to make a song and a dance whilst this dog sat there suffering, only now, and instead of taking direct course of action and contacting the pound his story (embellished or not) is for fundraising through emotion and accusation of a pound failing to give a dog adequate vet care.

Just confirming for anyone interested in Ben's treatment at Blacktown, the simple and uncontroversial truth is:

While impounded he was seen by a vet, he was given pain relief and he slept on a heat pad for warmth.

Boring huh. :lollipop:

:clap:

and there we have it a far cry from 5 pages ago . I do hope people will see this quote and be able to now make an informed judgement about Bens case .

For lack of a better word Im a pound fan by that I mean I believe in adopting a poundie I worry more about the impact of these things on the animals STILL waiting .

I also think the rescue sould be ashamed of themselves for holding back on the whole story By telling people he recieved no care while in the pound is misleading .Isn"t it wrong to gain money from a misleading story and/or lies maybe Im old school but I wouldn"t do it .There are so many rescues who would love a donation and people can only give so much Its hard enough for them to decide who they should help.

I do HOPE ben is now at least happy and finds a loving forever home

Just confirming for anyone interested in Ben's treatment at Blacktown, the simple and uncontroversial truth is:

While impounded he was seen by a vet, he was given pain relief and he slept on a heat pad for warmth.

I never doubted that for a moment... the pound is legally obligated to do as much, and would have been in some serious trouble if the rescue's version of events was true.

T.

No, far from boring. Should have been done by those who were categorically stating facts they knew nothing about before they said anything. And that includes what I said about the bed, but I mainly said that because of another post by someone who knew it all without any evidence. :shrug:

What institutions are legally called upon to do means very little in reality.