Unwanted Help

PAX

I was at a dog show today, a freind was doing some obedience work, stays I believe. An unwanted helper arrived and started giving unwanted advice to my friend and dog.

He started barking, which only happened when the unwanted helper body blocked the dogs view of his handler during stays.

Funny thing was the unwanted helpers dogs never freaking shut up all day....lol, I had to go home to get some panadol:)

Got to love the help:)

Same here.... I too get a lot of people that think they are the dog whisper giving my 'advice' about what I should do & "if I had a dog like her", meaning Stella, "I would just get rid of her" pts

was one comment. I have had one guy hit Stella with his umbrella cause jumped on him when she was 6 months old. She needs a bloody good flogging apparently, that will fix her. Yeah the list is endless.

I just let it go. Not worth trying to explain when people have already made their mind up about what I should do with MY dog. Nor do I feel the need to justify myself.

I did however let fly verbally at the old guy that hit her. I lost it. No one hits my dogs.

Edited by BC Crazy

I get heaps of advice... I listen politely, use any I think will be useful, discard the rest... I might try some things, see if they work/ etc.. anyone who tells me to harm my dog, tends to be politely told then that I do not believe in violence.

Same here.... I too get a lot of people that think they are the dog whisper giving my 'advice' about what I should do & "if I had a dog like her", meaning Stella, "I would just get rid of her" pts

was one comment. I have had one guy hit Stella with his umbrella cause jumped on him when she was 6 months old. She needs a bloody good flogging apparently, that will fix her. Yeah the list is endless.

I just let it go. The only time I did loose it was when the guy hit Stella :mad I totally flipped out.

I had one trainer tell me to have Zoe PTS due to her dog aggression. :( He even offered to give me a bullet to do the job. That one really floored me

Same here.... I too get a lot of people that think they are the dog whisper giving my 'advice' about what I should do & "if I had a dog like her", meaning Stella, "I would just get rid of her or pts was one comment. I have had one guy hit Stella with his umbrella cause jumped on him when she was 6 months old. She needs a bloody good flogging apparently, that will fix her. Yeah the list is endless.

I just let it go. The only time I did loose it was when the guy hit Stella :mad I totally flipped out.

I had one trainer tell me to have Zoe PTS due to her dog aggression. :( He even offered to give me a bullet to do the job. That one really floored me

Geez kavik a "trainer" ... just when I thought I'd heard it all :(

Edited by BC Crazy

I get heaps of advice... I listen politely, use any I think will be useful, discard the rest... I might try some things, see if they work/ etc.. anyone who tells me to harm my dog, tends to be politely told then that I do not believe in violence.

:thumbsup: me too!