Bairnsdale/east Gippsland Kennel Club

weisnjac

I'm pretty sure the Borzoi got the Hound Group all three days, with the Foxhound RUIG on two days and the Whippet (sadly not mine) on the other.

Four shows next year? Awesome!!

Only time I made the Group line up was in Working Group on the Friday with a WSS!! :cool:

A female Borzoi got 2 groups, a young male Borzoi the third. Both Clovelly bred and owned.

Edited by Diva

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only time I made the Group line up was in Working Group on the Friday with a WSS!! :cool:

With that pest if a dog who decided to be a pain in the a** for you! :p

I was impressed on Sunday though he showed the best he has in a couple of months for me, so there was an upside to the weekend for him! Lol

Thor is a gorgeous boy but yes, he was a toad. laugh.gif

yes 4 shows in 3 days

Friday 1 show

Sat 2 shows

Sun 1 show

I was asked by a couple of the committee members my thoughts of it & if I had any suggestions, so if anybody has suggestions please let me know & I can pass them onto the committee :)

yes 4 shows in 3 days

Friday 1 show

Sat 2 shows

Sun 1 show

I was asked by a couple of the committee members my thoughts of it & if I had any suggestions, so if anybody has suggestions please let me know & I can pass them onto the committee :)

Please tell the committee I really enjoy the show as it was my first time there and will be back again!!

I'm happy for 4 shows over 3 days! Also love the 11am start on Friday as it gives many of us who has to travel the distance a chance to get there!!

they are looking at keeping the Friday as is, 11am start.

Sat looking at starting at little earlier to be able to do the double & try not to have to use the Flood lights

Sun as is

thank you Tambaqui I shall pass on the compliment :)

even though I am not on the committee I still help out with the organizing the run sheets & doing the after show paperwork that has to be done, long hours after showing during the day for all of us, not just showing my guys but also handling one of the committee's members dogs as well :)

The committee for Bairnsdale & East Gippsland show are small & they do appreciate all the help they can get, stewards, ticket/card writers etc etc

In regards to the helpers, they may get more offers if they show some sort of appreciation. I offered to ticket write on Friday & done two groups, didn't even get a thank you. I know they're busy, but writing tickets while showing is a tough job.

Apart from that, I love these shows & think the 4 show idea is fantastic :)

4 shows over 3 days ....

I think it's important for 3 day circuits to take into account;

1. Late start on Day 1 - allow people time to travel on the day

2. Early start for the 2nd day (especially if 2 shows) - nobody wants to still be there in the dark

3. Final day - start early with minimum breaks so people can get on the road home at a reasonable time

I agree with Dellcara on those points above!

I must add too, I believe the club need to make it clear in the schedule that if the catalogue is going to cover two shows, to make this clear to save the headache for the exhibitors and the person handing it out of having to organise refund for the second catalogue that was ordered without realising it was for 2 shows.

That's the only thing I wanted to also add!

4 shows over 3 days ....

I think it's important for 3 day circuits to take into account;

1. Late start on Day 1 - allow people time to travel on the day

2. Early start for the 2nd day (especially if 2 shows) - nobody wants to still be there in the dark

3. Final day - start early with minimum breaks so people can get on the road home at a reasonable time

Bairnsdale KC will be looking at starting earlier time on Saturday

East Gippsland KC already do this as they run on Friday & Sunday

I have have already put these points to the committee :) & they like it

The committee of Bairnsdale KC have put in to DV a letter of request to run a double show on the Saturday, as soon as it is confirmed I have been ask to announce it here, so fingers crossed Dogs VIc will approve it :crossfingers:

There will be a double on the saturday of our shows so there will be Friday 1 champ show, Saturday 2 champ shows and sunday 1 champ show. All breeds judges will do no more than two groups and we will have one that can do one that the judge wont be doing. Friday to start at 10am with locals all, Veterans both ages, brace Saturday will start at 8am and the next one to start at conclusion of that show, Sunday to start at 8. there will be 4 secretarys to send entries to so hope fully there shouldnt be to many misstakes in the catulouges. Theses shows are for ever. Those wanting to book accomadation offer to pay a holding fee as I have heard some places didnt want to book this far in advance, dates are 5th, 6th & 7th 2014. from Dianne Whiteside Secretary for the shows PS please accept my sincere appologys if we didnt thank you for either stewarding or ticket writing.

Edited by diannewhiteside

:thumbsup:

HI all, I am new President of both the Bairnsdale & District Kennel Club and the East Gippsland Kennel Club, this was my first show as President and I was impressed and very appreciative of the assistance we received from members of the canine family. For those who acted as Stewards and Tickets writers your assistance was very much appreciated, I am sorry I did not get to meet you all and personally thank you, I did however acknowledge this over the PA. For those who have offered assistance next year, be assured we have made some changes to how we do things. We will be having a Chief Steward to overseer the four shows, yes isn't it great, we have succeeded in gaining approval for a 2nd show on the Saturday. So 4 shows, lots of chances to gain placing and points in your chosen breed. We have six judges for each of the shows and will have six rings operating. So bigger and better things are happening down this way. If anyone wishes to act as a steward or ticket writer for next year and we don't have your details please contact Dianne or myself by PM. As we all know shows are conducted by volunteers and without assistance no one would be able to put on these great events. In saying that please remember when you are dealing with the volunteers they need to be dealt with respect and manners, I am sure we can all improve in this area. I know when people came up to the tent, I explained that I was on "L" plates and those canine family members laughed and made my task so much easier, so thank you for treating me kindly. It did give me a vertical learning curve over the weekend and you made it easier by helping me in working out which groups dogs belonged in and what you actually wanted. So, as Dianne has indicated we have four shows, four show secretary's and four catalogues, six judges and a chief show steward. Role on next years show. Cheers :D :)

HI all, I am new President of both the Bairnsdale & District Kennel Club and the East Gippsland Kennel Club, this was my first show as President and I was impressed and very appreciative of the assistance we received from members of the canine family. For those who acted as Stewards and Tickets writers your assistance was very much appreciated, I am sorry I did not get to meet you all and personally thank you, I did however acknowledge this over the PA. For those who have offered assistance next year, be assured we have made some changes to how we do things. We will be having a Chief Steward to overseer the four shows, yes isn't it great, we have succeeded in gaining approval for a 2nd show on the Saturday. So 4 shows, lots of chances to gain placing and points in your chosen breed. We have six judges for each of the shows and will have six rings operating. So bigger and better things are happening down this way. If anyone wishes to act as a steward or ticket writer for next year and we don't have your details please contact Dianne or myself by PM. As we all know shows are conducted by volunteers and without assistance no one would be able to put on these great events. In saying that please remember when you are dealing with the volunteers they need to be dealt with respect and manners, I am sure we can all improve in this area. I know when people came up to the tent, I explained that I was on "L" plates and those canine family members laughed and made my task so much easier, so thank you for treating me kindly. It did give me a vertical learning curve over the weekend and you made it easier by helping me in working out which groups dogs belonged in and what you actually wanted. So, as Dianne has indicated we have four shows, four show secretary's and four catalogues, six judges and a chief show steward. Role on next years show. Cheers :D :)

Her Here Jen :thumbsup: was glad to help out , yell if you need our assistance, even living 240k's away

Her Here Jen :thumbsup: was glad to help out , yell if you need our assistance, even living 240k's away

Certainly would appreciate your assistance, please stay in touch and let me know closer to the time and your availability. Regards Jen

Will Neuter class be on offer? Not that we have one.

Well done for putting on more shows to make the trip there worthwhile for some people.

BB

BB

Neuter classes on offer, also have Brace, Veterans classes on the Friday and Saturday. Also local classes Friday and Saturday.

Thanks for your encouragement. I am sure it will be a busy year with the planning and the extra show.

Regards

Jen