Fixing A Force Dryer?

I bought a second hand Force Dryer 18 months or so ago, and recently when I went to dry my dogs, the motor started smoking and stopped working.

With two Corgi's starting to go into their spring coat blow, I *need* to get this fixed. The company that makes them charges $75 for a basic service, and that may still be my best option, but has anyone ever got a local appliance repairer to look at one?

I'm in Canberra, if that makes any difference.

I bought this little cheapie when I took on staff and needed a second HVD. I didnt expect it to last long at $200 but it's still going strong 8 yrs later, used and abused commercially.

http://www.petnetwork.com.au/cgi-bin/shopping.pl?page=dryer1.htm

PROFESSIONAL VARIABLE SPEED DRYER

New state of the art Professional Dryers with heat! Solid, barrel shaped metal casing. Powerful 2400w motor. Temperature from 25-60 degrees C. Wind speed 43m/s. Dual insulation to prevent overheating. 3 meter puncture-resistant, triple reinforced, flexible hose with 3 nozzles. Filter is washable and easily replaceable. Stand can be purchased separately to easily convert the dryer into a stand dryer. Available in pink or blue casing. Groomers please contact us for pricing. KUS-15 Price : $250.00 $195.00 Variable speed heated dryer, hose & 3 attachments

Sounds like you have burnt the motors out - if so will be a few hundred to fix it. Call around for best prices. When I killed my good drier (Melbourne Dog Center) I paid $650 to have it repaired...bloody thing died 4 years later and is currently sitting in the garden shed with a Liberty drier - also burnt out the motors. I have been quoted around $350 to fix the MDC drier and a bit less for the Liberty drier but instead I bought a cheapie that has rather impressed me. Looks like a toy compared to the other driers but has more grunt that I expected and is the same as what Clyde linked above but mine is pink.