Puppy Room

sandgrubber

I've finally got a house with tile floors throughout, which makes it possible to let baby puppies out of the whelping box, eg, for feeding and toiletries. I've heard people talk about tile not being good cause dogs feet slip on it, but after a day or two, these little guys don't seem to be having much trouble, and they do seem to enjoy lying on the cool tile surface (my air con is set at around 25C).

Here's my improvised puppy room. Wonder what others think of it. How can it be improved? What's a good thing to put out for a toilet area?

post-8994-0-68659300-1377942444_thumb.jpg

And a second shot to show pups relaxing. Mum loves nursing the pups outside the box and is much more relaxed.

post-8994-0-81303600-1377943137_thumb.jpg

Edited by sandgrubber

A breeder I visited trained them to toilet on a sheet of fake grass so that by the time they were able to spend more time outdoors and heading off to homes that pretty much knew what to do.

+1

Toilet training should start now. When I got Caesar from his breeder, he is already paper trained. It makes it so much easier for me when I brought him home.

Fake grass with newspapers lined underneath it, away from their sleeping and playing areas would be helpful.

Mine had fake grass from the time they could wobble any distance, so far over the last three nights we have had no poo's or wee's off the graa (and f course they have real grass during the day, also a 100% success rate. They are 7 weeks tomorrow. I really hope it helps their new owners :)