What's The Most Frustrating Statement Someone Has Made To You Late

kelpiecuddles

I have a poodle cross and I had a stranger come up to me making some very snotty comments and jokes about my 'crapadoodle'. Really not the best way to get people onto purebreds. Sometimes its not the content but the delivery...

Edited by ann21

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"in the wild............" Then insert some piece of really bad/ ridiculous advice regarding food/ medical care/ behaviour. The dog whisperer up the street bales me up regularly to offer me nuggets of wisdom. I have repeatedly explained the closest my dogs have got to the wild is having to stand on the nature strip for a number of hours when the feral neighbours over the road lit their house on fire. Or the beach. He seems to miss the fact they live in our house, we feed them, and have access to the local vet so no need to eat road kill or dose them with some lethal sounding concoction of "natural" ingredients. Thanks anyway.

After two of my dogs passed away I got "Three dogs is enough though isn't it?"

That's terrible. I had a similar situation with an old boyfriend who told me I was only allowed to have 3 dogs and they were not allowed inside. I had 5 dogs at the time. Guess who got dumped? Hint: It wasn't my dogs.

Edited by mixeduppup

That's terrible. I had a similar situation with an old boyfriend who told me I was only allowed to have 3 dogs and they were not allowed inside. I had 5 dogs at the time. Guess who got dumped? Hint: It wasn't my dogs.

This is awesome :laugh:

EDIT: I meant the bit about dumping the boyfriend, not the insensitive comment :(

Edited by Lasareina

Good move MUP :thumbsup: You don't want someone who thinks its ok to dictate to you anyway :)

Referring to my 43kg 5month old Saint puppy:

"Holy crap did you know he was going to get so big?"

No actually, I had no idea. I thought I was buying a Pomeranian and now I am so very very disappointed :(

lol. Made me laugh :)

The latest, which I've been shocked to have said to me more than once, and more surprisingly by friends is when hearing about the 10 yr old rescue mini schnauzer I've adopted is "Why wouldn't you just get a puppy, I mean that one will be dead soon"

Lovely. Never mind the fact that he is leaping around their feet with aas much energy as my younger dog and looking the absolute picture of health! Between you and me I can imagine nothing worse than a puppy with my 2 yr old schnauzer - like he needs any more encouragement to act like a loon! :)

Edited by ktig

That the dog hasn't been clipped since Feb & is a matted mess with snotty face & a shitty a!se because it would 'freeze to death' if trimmed or groomed or maintained in the slightest over winter.

I ask them if they have ever actually heard of a dog freeze to death in Australia?..... and tell them that I have clipped & shaved dogs for 26 winters and never lost one yet.

Referring to my 43kg 5month old Saint puppy:

"Holy crap did you know he was going to get so big?"

No actually, I had no idea. I thought I was buying a Pomeranian and now I am so very very disappointed :(

I am soo going to use that comeback!

Well not so recent. At Christmas while lined up for a picture with santa at a local obedience club. A lady while refering to diesel sad see they arnt all killers while diesel was sprawled out in the frog position nibbling on leaves and grass totally ignoring the dog growling and barking at him in the line. Then the owner of this dog laughing and saying that here dog doesnt like those types of dogs while still letting her dog carry on.

When I took in 12 1/2 year old Friskie because her owner had died I had several people say that I should have let her be PTS instead because it would be kinder. She is healthy, active, and very lively - how is being PTS kinder than going to a new home where you get lots of cuddles?

Well not so recent. At Christmas while lined up for a picture with santa at a local obedience club. A lady while refering to diesel sad see they arnt all killers while diesel was sprawled out in the frog position nibbling on leaves and grass totally ignoring the dog growling and barking at him in the line. Then the owner of this dog laughing and saying that here dog doesnt like those types of dogs while still letting her dog carry on.

I can't stand that! 'Oh he doesn't like puppies/undesexed dogs/females/males/old dogs/small dogs/big dogs'

Fabulous, I'm glad you're aware of this! Well done you, gold star! Now how about taking some of this incredible, mind boggling insight and working with that? Or should we just all accept that you know about it....haha.