What's The Most Frustrating Statement Someone Has Made To You Late

kelpiecuddles

A vet that looked me straight in the eye and said my GSDs pups (8weeks old) had HD. They could tell. See how the back was sloped. Thats HD. I worked with them and they got one heck of a serve from me. Not the first vet or last to say something similar either.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest hankodie

"Don't worry, he's friendly!"

alternatively: "Don't worry, he just wants to say hello!" while the dog charges over growling. Sigh.

Well not so recent. At Christmas while lined up for a picture with santa at a local obedience club. A lady while refering to diesel sad see they arnt all killers while diesel was sprawled out in the frog position nibbling on leaves and grass totally ignoring the dog growling and barking at him in the line. Then the owner of this dog laughing and saying that here dog doesnt like those types of dogs while still letting her dog carry on.

I can't stand that! 'Oh he doesn't like puppies/undesexed dogs/females/males/old dogs/small dogs/big dogs'

Fabulous, I'm glad you're aware of this! Well done you, gold star! Now how about taking some of this incredible, mind boggling insight and working with that? Or should we just all accept that you know about it....haha.

That sounds a lot like those people that tell you there dog is "reactive" or "dog aggressive" and because they have given it a label it makes it perfectly acceptable.

"Do you want an English staffy puppy? We know you will look after it, it's free and we have like 15 of them. This is her fourth litter, we just can't afford to fix her!"

True story that :banghead:

Just when I thought I'd heard it all..... I just shake my head.

Referring to my 43kg 5month old Saint puppy:

"Holy crap did you know he was going to get so big?"

No actually, I had no idea. I thought I was buying a Pomeranian and now I am so very very disappointed :(

:rofl: What a crack up !!!! Great come back Cassie :thumbsup:

Guest hankodie

oh and another one (after I asked a woman to kindly call her dog off as it kept charging mine while we were walking through the park): "it's because your dog is on a lead! you're not supposed to have your dog on a lead in an off lead area!" :shrug:

"Don't worry, he's friendly!"

alternatively: "Don't worry, he just wants to say hello!" while the dog charges over growling. Sigh.

I had a similar one the other day - "Oh he's just playing" as their JRT x something was growling and had my dog by the scruff. Well go play somewhere else, I don't like that style of "play", especially as we had walked past before and he darted out from under their table to nip and growl at my dogs and they gazed lovingly at him :mad

Edited by minimax

When an elderly neighbour of mine died I got told by someone who should know better to put five healthy and delightful whippets to sleep rather than go to the bother of trying to rehome them as they were too old and institutionalized to become pets.

With the untiring help of a wonderful lady and Victorian Whippet Rescue all these dogs found loving, wonderful families and are all living the goodlife smile.gif

By a neighbour as I was walking my elderly BT foster Mason " why would you get one of those when you have children?".

Same guy when I got my new BT girl," my god those dogs are ugly". ( I so wanted to ask if he had looked in the mirror lately).

Another neighbour when her husky rushed over to say hi to my 3 onlead " say hello to that one ( cattle), but don't go near that one its jaws lock " ( BT). :mad

oh and another one (after I asked a woman to kindly call her dog off as it kept charging mine while we were walking through the park): "it's because your dog is on a lead! you're not supposed to have your dog on a lead in an off lead area!" :shrug:

Yes!!! I get this all the time. The groups that I have fostered for request that foster dogs not be allowed off-leash in a public area. And to be honest, I'm not comfortable letting a dog I dont know all that well off-leash anyway. I try to explain this and am usally told i should take my dogs elsewhere. Apparently this makes them feel better about their lack of effective voice control.

One person was even kind enough to remark that the staffy x that i had with me (emaciated with skin condition) should be PTS anyway because there are too nany of them and nobody wants them. I was having a bad day and told him that we had millions too many stupid people on this earth, no-one really wanted them and we arent culling them yet....

Put Willow on a lead so I can leave the dog park (we only go and/or stay while it's empty)

Person coming in with young, not well controlled dog (hence leaving): Oh, is it aggressive?

I'm puzzled as to why people take it personally when you leave the dog park, what if I was leaving, because I was LEAVING, and not because they arrived. :laugh:

Ok I just had the most frustrating conversation ever.

Backstory: I found a dog on Saturday where I worked. He chased my car for close to a k down the highway (nowhere to pull over or I would have)and then waited at my work for 6 hours and no one knew him nor came to collect him. We were closed on Sunday and I didn't want to leave him there so I took him home, alerted pounds in 4 towns, police in 4 towns and every vet in 4 towns. I even went into work on a Sunday to scan him (found him at my other work not the vet) and he had no chip. I put up notices in the town I found him as well as on all buy swap and sells on Fb. Finally this afternoon I get a call and she describes him and his collar so I know it's her dog. I asked where he lived in relation to where he was found and it wasn't far. Now here is the crazy part. She said to me "If you had have just left him he would have come home eventually, he sometimes goes missing for a day or two." This dog was on the highway! I told her that as someone who works for a vet and at the pound I couldn't justify leaving a loose dog unattended next to a highway and that's why I brought him home. Then she started complaining about the fact that by law (as I had listed him as 'in the pound') he had to be chipped before she could get him back and how expensive it was. I explained that she was lucky I had kept him and not put him in the pound as she would be paying at a lot more than the cost of a microchip with impound fees. It just annoyed me ugh.

MUP... Thank you sooo much for looking after my dog. I'm so pleased to have him back safely. Would have been nice. What so she leaves him to chase cars on the hwy :eek: Unbelievable !! Some people don't deserve dogs IMHO.

I know. If he turns up to my work again and stays all day I'm doing the same thing. They'll learn the hard way.

Well just five minutes ago I was asked by a cyclist if my 60kg mutt was a Pit-bull.

Then a car pulled up and asked me what breed he was and when I answered 'he's a mutt' they got such looks of confusion on their faces that I had to explain what a mutt was.

However I also got a comment from a lady about how lovely and shiny he was which made me :D

ETA: not that these really class as frustrating though!

Edited by raineth