What's The Most Frustrating Statement Someone Has Made To You Late

kelpiecuddles

I usually just lurk these forums, but I had to make an account to post this - I was having breakfast at a cafe the other day with my dog,and the waitress was telling me that she wanted to get a 'puggle.' I thought perhaps I had misheard her so I replied "sorry, a what?" and she then went on to explain "A puggle! It's a cross between a pug and a jack russell, but because it's crossed that means that it will be friendlier and won't be deformed like a normal pug!" Unfortunately it was pretty busy at the cafe so I didn't get the chance to say anything else to her.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I usually just lurk these forums, but I had to make an account to post this - I was having breakfast at a cafe the other day with my dog,and the waitress was telling me that she wanted to get a 'puggle.' I thought perhaps I had misheard her so I replied "sorry, a what?" and she then went on to explain "A puggle! It's a cross between a pug and a jack russell, but because it's crossed that means that it will be friendlier and won't be deformed like a normal pug!" Unfortunately it was pretty busy at the cafe so I didn't get the chance to say anything else to her.

One born every day, Castiel.

And there is another one just waiting to sell them a cross-bred mutt and take their money. Will never change ...

Souff

I'm at my parents place in country WA for a few days and sitting down with a couple of their friends for afternoon tea, one of them announces that they are going to breed their golden retriever. Their older GR was put down a month ago so instead of buying another dog to keep her company they will breed her a companion, not to mention she has a lovely temperament which should be passed on and just so happens they have a friend with an intact male GR. btw did I mention the bitch was 6 years old *sigh* and not registered of course.

Interestingly we were talking later about puppy farms and they brought up the dancing gate saga so they're not totally ignorant but clearly don't see that good breeding practices involve more than just having a heathy environment for the mum and pups.

this lady must be very confused lol, a puggle is a well established mix.....between a pug and a BEAGLE . and they do tend to end up having a pug personality without being messed up and are unusually homogenous for a mix. OTH I have a friend with a pug x JRT... that dog is just as screwy as a pug lol

I don't know why, but it really irks me when people ask 'will he bite?', after they've already started patting my dog (without asking permission). Depending on who asks, I find it very entertaining to reply 'only if he smells blood, you don't have open wounds, do you?' Responses vary from recoiling to nervous laughs.

this lady must be very confused lol, a puggle is a well established mix.....between a pug and a BEAGLE . and they do tend to end up having a pug personality without being messed up and are unusually homogenous for a mix. OTH I have a friend with a pug x JRT... that dog is just as screwy as a pug lol

:rofl:

This is a puggle ;)

puggle11.jpg

Off topic, but Hey Souff haven't seen you around for a while :) Nice to have you back :)

G'day Ososwift,

It is amazing what we do when we should be doing something else (ahem).

A visit to DOL was all about sheer procrastination and excellent therapy :thumbsup:

A lady at my work has a Jug and it is not the cutest dog I've ever seen. Each breed separately I love but together they do not seem to make cute babies! She has behaviour related issues with hers because of lack of training though.

"I don't like pit bulls, they just don't have a friendly face and they scare me."

But somehow the person was ok showering my Amstaff boy with attention :confused:

I just don't get it, they're so similar in appearance (some may say close to identical)..

Not said to me but an all too familiar sentence on many a FB site these days "Much loved family pet FTGH, we are moving and can't take her with us, must go by Friday".

makes my blood boil :(

Often accompanied by 'will only let her go to the very best of homes'. Yep, I believe you. Not.