What's The Most Frustrating Statement Someone Has Made To You Late

kelpiecuddles

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Apparently the spitting thing, is to mimic a puppy sucking up to older dogs.

You know when they lick them on the mouth..

I can't remember the basis of the other.. Poor dogs, no one's going to want to pat them :(

Even if you wanted to do it and believed the theory that still doesn't make any sense. The subservient dog sucks up to the boss dog by licking and grovelling. If I spat in a dogs mouth it would mean I was the subservient dog sucking up to the boss dog.

I have been told that men can pee on a tree to make the dog pee as well. But do it higher up to prove rank. But again doesn't even agree with dominance theory. The tallest dog is not necessarily the dominant dog so height of pee should be irreverent.

Stupid people. And these are meant to be the smart species training the dumb dog species.

I've heard the peeing on your dog one before, many times....sadly. Something to do with showing your dog your lack of respect for them...as in..."You think you're such a big dog? I pee on you to see how much I think you're a big dog". And other derivatives of that 'concept'.

I have had a couple of male dogs which I have temporarily looked after which did try peeing on my girl, both when she was a baby pup and as an adult. They didn't get away with it, or not when I saw it, anyway! I assume it was part of an attempt to find their place in a strange situation. I may be completely wrong in my interpretation, though, and in any case I wouldn't assume that even if my interpretation of dog/dog behaviour was correct that it would work between human and dog.

I've heard the peeing on your dog one before, many times....sadly. Something to do with showing your dog your lack of respect for them...as in..."You think you're such a big dog? I pee on you to see how much I think you're a big dog". And other derivatives of that 'concept'.

I have had a couple of male dogs which I have temporarily looked after which did try peeing on my girl, both when she was a baby pup and as an adult. They didn't get away with it, or not when I saw it, anyway! I assume it was part of an attempt to find their place in a strange situation. I may be completely wrong in my interpretation, though, and in any case I wouldn't assume that even if my interpretation of dog/dog behaviour was correct that it would work between human and dog.

See that I understand - a sexual thing. Goat bucks pee on themselves and on does when she is in season, as do bulls with cows. The males then seem to play around with the pee (and also with the females pee) to get horny I guess. A group of bulls in a paddock will drink each others pee, do the lip-up-in-the-air-thingy and get a hard-on. But a dominant person peeing on a dog to show dominance I just don't think is relevant. I have never seen a dog show a dominance attitude and pee on the subservient dog. Has anyone????

I am intrigued now and googled 'urinating on your dog' - my god - here is the first time it is mentioned. I didn't go any further as I now feel creepy even googling it :rofl:

When is it ok to pee on my dog?

Demki asked 5 years ago

last updated 2 months ago

My dog keeps peeing in the house, and it seems to be out of spite. I am trying really hard to play the alpha male role. Would I be going too far if I peed on him as punishment, in order to assert my dominance as pack leader?

Answer

Best AnswerAsker's Choice

Kimberly answered 5 years ago

Ive actually done this and IT WORKED!! Do it in the same spots your dog does, he will get the point after a week or so of you wetting the carpet... lmao.

Asker's rating & comment

5 out of 5Thanks so much!!!1!

Comment

Other Answers (20)

Oldest

Bonzie12 answered 5 years ago

First question, new account, possible troll????

You won't teach your dog anything by peeing on him except that you are incapable of housebreaking him. Taking him outside to go to the bathroom more frequently will help. You should be taking him out every 30 minutes or so. If you aren't doing this, no wonder he is peeing in the house.

Comment

Rico answered 2 months ago

Better late then never :). I actually spoke with a military dog handler and he says they have done this plenty of times to establish dominance. All the people saying no, well they aren't completely right because they are giving you their opinions of how to train a dog with conventional methods. I've heard it worked but haven't had the chance to try it, I'd say go for it next time you have a puppy. I take mine out every thirty minutes to an hour and he still pees everywhere. Keep in mind a small puppy has smaller bladder so it really won't matter in the beginning the reality of it is that it will happen. I wouldn't try it on my pup simply because it's a husky and they are stubborn as hell, plus the guy who suggested I try it told me Huskies probably wouldn't be very responsive to it lol.

Source(s):

Military dog handler

Rate

Comment

Billie answered 5 years ago

Do you want your dog to follow the ways of you, the so called 'pack leader'?! He might think you want him to pee on you!

Just take him out often and praise him when he pees! Praise goes much further than abuse!

We were told that if we rolled up a newspaper and smacked the floor around our pup when she peed in the house- that would break them. And apparently it did. She has been the best little house pet you could ask for. Just get a grip and spend some time training.

Rate

Comment

~*,-./♥ koko ♥/-.,*~ answered 5 years ago

OOOOOK never! Dont pee on ur dog thats just sad. lol. to be pack leader, you have to stand up tall, as tall as u can. to get it to pee out of the house, every hour or so, take it outside, and bring treats. Tell it "Get Buisy", "Go Potty", anything. If it 'doesnt have to go' keep trying until it goes potty. When it goes potty, reward it. Give it a treat, tons of attention, you will soon be the leader

Source(s):

Master dog trainer

Rate

Comment

Romy answered 5 years ago

Way to far. lmfao. but kind of funny.

Thats not how you show your the alpha male.

Only punish him if you catch him in the act.

If you don't punish him then he wont know what your punish him for and it will just be confusing for him.

NO! putting his nose in it is NOT the right way.

just say NO! BAD! and put him outside.

Clean it completely up I mean COMPLETELY

or else all your training work will be wrecked because they go pee when they smell pee.

get NATURES MIRCLE :) :p

Rate

Comment

Matt C answered 5 years ago

OMG HAHAHAH YOUR QUESTION HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA! IT IS NEVER OK TO PEE ON YOUR DOG. to show that you are pack leader you have to take her outside more to pee when she looks like she is about to go in the house. and use the *cht* technique man.. sheesh it sounds like you watch the Dog Whisperer so you should know that

Rate

Comment

miss women answered 5 years ago

ummm, that is just mean. You are supposed to train the dog to go outside not pee on the dog for peeing in the house they dont know any better. That is why you train them. Some people shouldnt be pet owners.

Comment

baree33090 answered 5 years ago

Dogs don't do things out of spite. If you pee on him, you'll just be the one who has to clean it up, and it won't work anyway.

Comment

Bety Boo answered 5 years ago

This question is hilarious!

Please don't pee on the dog I don't think you'll assert your dominance that way.

Watch the Dog Whisperer maybe that will help. :)

Comment

Red Pony answered 5 years ago

You must be really bored or really stupid. Either way, get off the computer and do something constructive.

Comment

Reece Braveheart Aussies answered 5 years ago

.http://www.midwesthomes4pets.com/Informa... Crate training is better, your idea is just silly.

Rate

Comment

the_beautiful_e answered 5 years ago

The dog won't under WHY your peeing on him.

Source(s):

DOGGY! YAH!

Rate

Comment

Jay Sherman answered 5 years ago

What kind of a question is this?

Source(s):

It Stinks

Rate

Comment

laurel l answered 5 years ago

no,Win he gos put his nose in it and say no and put him out side. i hope you are playing .

Rate

Comment

RuthAnn answered 5 years ago

It's OK, but it won't solve your problem.

Rate

Comment

$arah(APBT owner x3) answered 5 years ago

LMAO...peeing on your dog is not going to gain you "leader" lol proper discipline will though.

Comment

boogersniffer answered 5 years ago

Good theory, IMO I think it would work.

Rate

Comment

yournamehere answered 5 years ago

wtf is up with this question? you're tripping

Rate

Comment

hi answered 5 years ago

what?! Do people really do this?! Isn't that a little harsh?!?!?!?!?

Rate

Comment

TanteL answered 5 years ago

Dogs do not pee on each other to establish pack order. That's ridiculous.

Sounds like he just does his business wherever he happens to be when the urge strikes. You need to change that way of thinking.

Buy him a Vari-Kennel, crate him when you can't watch him and at night. When he urinates on the side it will run down the wall and he'll have to lie in it. I doubt he'll do this more than once.

Invest in some Nature's Miracle to clean up; it kills the scent of his urine. Male dogs, especially, like to pee on old pee.

Start carrying his favorite treats in your pocket or by the door you take him out. When he does his business outside, say, "Hurry up, good boy"! When he's finished, tell him, "Good hurry up!! Good boy!!" and give him treats. Make a huge fuss over what he just did. Do it every time for at least a full 60 seconds. He'll think you're insane, but he'll take the prize. Trainers call it "jackpotting" --you're impressing on him how GREAT it is when he goes outside.

When you catch him making his mistake in the house, IGNORE him. Don't look at him, don't let him interact with you, turn your back if he comes near you. Don't talk to him. If he'll follow you without a command, walk away to another part of the house or outside; when he's there, too, just step back inside and shut the door, separating him from you so you can clean it up.

Once the mess is cleaned up, the incident is over. Act as if nothing happened. Treat him as you would if nothing had happened.

Keep on taking him out often, on a leash, so you notice when he does his business, so you don't miss a chance to jackpot him. While you're at the door, you say, "Want to go hurry up? Do you have to hurry up?" I prefer the keyword "hurry up" to "go potty" --it's so much more dignified. :)

Eventually, he'll connect the keyword "hurry up" with relieving himself, and he may even go to the door to cue you. The first time he does that, jackpot him while still in the house, and then walk him outside and jackpot him again.

I have never seen a dog show a dominance attitude and pee on the subservient dog. Has anyone????

One of mine has peed on the other but accidentally,(I hope!)My younger dog often pees over the older dogs pee. My old boy dithers about with the fairies when taking a piddle and the younger one will sometimes get a bit too impatient and pee over it before the old guy has finished, sometimes splashing him :o

Aside from accidental 'wetting of the head', the closest I've ever seen a dog pee on another dog was when one of my old girls peed on an obnoxious barking yappy dog (smaller than her). But to be honest, I thought it was an accidental pee more than anything. It was behind a wire fence and it looked to me like she was more likely marking a tuft of grass that was close to the fence, and right in this dogs face. I think the dog was collateral damage. (although it did shut the little sh!t up).

PS: Dog was just as obnoxious when a fence wasn't involved.

My boy will pee on another dog if they are peeing (or sometimes pooping). He's usually aiming to pee on their pee as they pee, but depending on their size (and his lack of concentration) it normally ends up on them. Or he pees on my girls head but 99.99999% of the time that's her fault as she tries to smell his pee as he lifts his leg :rofl:

Just had someone say it again today,

For the millionth time!!!!!

Its a horse...... You could ride him!!

Wheres the saddle!!

I know its harmless but please......

And I too carry treats with me, for focus and rewarding behaviour, and get the usual comments re. he only does blah blah because you have treats. Hey it works, and I get consistant results, he is happy, I am happy, I dont see the problem. And I believe in positive motivation and he is motivated by food!!

Edited by Bullmastiffmum

I get the comments about food rewards too. Drives me insane sometimes.

I got given a heap of dog training advice from a salesman at a bike shop when i went to buy my bicycle and told him it was to exercise my dogs. His background of knowledge: He currently owns his first ever dog, a dalmation. But he knows a guy that trained with a british military dog trainer.

He told me the first thing I need to know is that dogs are stupid. They can't learn any words. It's all tone of voice. Everything they do is from instinct, not intelligence.

Edited by Lollipup

My OH peed on the malinois puppy once. But it was an accident. She stuck her head between his legs or something over the toilet bowl at just the wrong moment!

He hosed her off afterwards - with water! :laugh:

Edited by Lollipup

My OH peed on the malinois puppy once. But it was an accident. She stuck her head between his legs or something over the toilet bowl at just the wrong moment!

My Oh has done the exact same thing, We had freinds over and it's apparently, the thing to do instead of going inside is go behind the water tanks (live on acreage). And Ruby as a young girl followed him everywhere and yep a nice little archway to walk though and see what he is doing eek1.gif.

Her reaction was hilarious, he had to practically lay on the ground calling puppy baby to get her to clean her off, she was quite disgusted by the whole thing and doesn't follow him so closely anymore and always stands 2 steps back unless he calls her up.

Don't think it made him the dominate one but more the stupid one in here eyes even though it wasn't exactly his fault.

Edited by Angeluca

My OH has done the same thing.

Usually he'll bypass the toilet if he's been drinking and go in the backyard.

And of course Dozer wants to know what he's doing and sticks his head in the stream.

Poor pup doesn't get to sleep with us those nights

I am going to be very careful which dogs I pat in future!!!

Probably for the best... After my two rolled in rotting eels one night after a stroll along the river several (down wind) people said "oh, how cute" and bent down and patted them before I could say "Noooo!" :o

I challenge anybody to find something that smells worse than rotting eel!

Last weekend I was told by a lady that "Oh, it's because I have one of those vicious dogs" after I asked her to pop her dog on lead because it was rushing at my very calm and well behaved dog that really didn't care less.

I promptly said how dare she say that when it was so obvious how well mannered my dog was behaving. And that she should not judge dogs by their breed.

She responded with telling that she used to own GSDs. So, I then told her that she of all people should understand why it is so wrong to call my breed vicious when she has also lived with a breed that gets tarnished this way.

When she couldn't win that fight, she then told me that she can walk her dog off leash because she has been going there for 25 years and asked me how long I had been going to this place.

No rationale :mad

I have made a decision that I am going to take the high road and not let peoples' ludicrous comments get to me anymore. Nor am I going to preach to them about their dogs being off leash when they shouldn't be. My dog can deal with their dogs, so live and let live I now say. Me getting upset is only putting me into an early grave and it isn't good for my dog seeing me this way. :thumbsup: ..... starting from now. :D

Edited by dyzney