What's The Most Frustrating Statement Someone Has Made To You Late

kelpiecuddles

I grew up with multiple GSD and my BIL had a beautiful rottie. I've also had a staffy in the past and parents and brother have one now. I must be a rare lover of GSD, rotti and staffy ; p I would own all of them again and would have probably adopted a rotti x I fell in love with had I had the house/camping car space. It was for the best tho as I've learnt so much from my little JRTx and of course discovered the world of tibbies!

Edited by Tibbie_tabbie

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There was a lady at our local dog park yesterday who I haven't seen before ... she had a very sweet, overly excited young dog with her.

The first thing she does when she gets into the park is pull out some hot dog sausages, and proceeded to throw them to her dog... waving it around in the air before throwing to avoid the 4 other large, unknown dogs that were rather interested as well. :eek:

2 dogs were promptly removed by their owners, in part because the new dog was doing zoomies over the top of their small children in between sausages. This left the new dog, and two rather large bull arab crosses competing for the food. The woman actually said "it will be good for her to work for it". Once she ran out of sausages she worked her way through a large bag of smacko marrowbone treats.

It was so lucky that the bull arab x's were young and very laid back, and the woman's dog was also quite submissive - amazingly, no fights broke out.

My dogs were quite put out that I made them wait outside until the woman had run out of craziness treats - i'm just glad we weren't already in the yard when she showed up.

I couldn't believe it - surely anyone who knows even the bare minimum about dogs could see the disaster waiting to happen??

k so we have specific drop off and pick up hours at the kennel, pick up is AM(before 10:30) and drop off is after 2:30, between 10:30-2:30 the office is closed. ok so this lady calls and asks if we are open in the morning I tell her yes and the hours, she goes "ok, I was confused, your website says drop off is after 2:30" I tell her yes that is drop off, the morning hours are for pick ups, but you can arrange a morning drop off for an extra $15. she spazes and goes "oh you'll CHARGE for early drop off? pff I'll just drop off at noon then"...we're not openxat noon, you can drop off after 2:30..."my flight leaves at 3 thats not possible".. ok you can drop before 10:30 then. "but you'll change $15 for that" yup. "can I arrange a noon drop off then?" sure, after hours drop off is $35 "........" lol I swear she was just being deliberately obtuse lol I took her booking to start with she knew the hours and charges lol

k so we have specific drop off and pick up hours at the kennel, pick up is AM(before 10:30) and drop off is after 2:30, between 10:30-2:30 the office is closed. ok so this lady calls and asks if we are open in the morning I tell her yes and the hours, she goes "ok, I was confused, your website says drop off is after 2:30" I tell her yes that is drop off, the morning hours are for pick ups, but you can arrange a morning drop off for an extra $15. she spazes and goes "oh you'll CHARGE for early drop off? pff I'll just drop off at noon then"...we're not openxat noon, you can drop off after 2:30..."my flight leaves at 3 thats not possible".. ok you can drop before 10:30 then. "but you'll change $15 for that" yup. "can I arrange a noon drop off then?" sure, after hours drop off is $35 "........" lol I swear she was just being deliberately obtuse lol I took her booking to start with she knew the hours and charges lol

Oh I hear you - people can't actually be that stupid can they???????? Surely they are just pretending!

About my foster dog Heidi. "She's a kelpie, kelpies are working dogs, why is she visiting people in the nursing home?" me: "Heidi is a failed working dog but loves people, so the nursing home asked her to visit" Lady: "If she's not a good worker she should have been shot, labradors are therapy dogs, not kelpies."

Wow!

About my foster dog Heidi. "She's a kelpie, kelpies are working dogs, why is she visiting people in the nursing home?" me: "Heidi is a failed working dog but loves people, so the nursing home asked her to visit" Lady: "If she's not a good worker she should have been shot, labradors are therapy dogs, not kelpies."

Wow!

I doubt MY Labrador would make the best therapy dog... her name is Trouble for a reason... lol!

My Pittie cross on the other hand... perfect for a therapy dog... go figure!

T.

I couldn't believe it - surely anyone who knows even the bare minimum about dogs could see the disaster waiting to happen??

Scottie is quite a solitary dog. Not nasty - just not interested in other dogs. He's a bit of a loner and quite submissive. If he's approached he'll grab his ball and just drop until they go away. Sometimes he moves away, but he doesn't really engage. My hubby and I are often asked by others if he can play and when we say "he probably won't" we get a "oh, come on, let your dog play. It'll be good for it"

I've taken to saying "he doesn't play well with others" and people still push.

The most frustrating was a youngish guy with a totally jacked up staffy. He said "oh come one - she (his dog) needs to burn off some energy. Can't they just play? - I'll throw the ball if you like"

Hubby actually said "get my ball of your damn dog - I'm going home" to a lady the other day and that's so unlike him. It just shits us because Scottie doesn't enjoy it and fetch is our one on one time with him so it's not nice to be smothered by another dog and their idiot owner.

My dogs often get noticed in the crates in the back of my car in shopping centre carparks when my Mum and I take turns staying with the dogs while the other ducks into the shops. Most common comment is that the BC is a boy and Jap Spitz a girl. No, they are both boys. Understandable as the little guy is rather cute for a boy. I often get asked what breed he is but they all seem to know what the BC is. EXCEPT the idiot that walked past the other day and confidently told his friend "that is a German Shepherd" and was stunned when my Mum replied, no it's not.

My newest rescue adoption pup has been coming to work with me. After hour, he gets to pay in the consult room whilst I'm cleaning up. Yesterday a surgery pick up was running really late and as she came in, she spotted my little guy running around. Her comment of "oh, what a lovely kelpie puppy you are" had me totally confused. My pup is a foxy cross Chihuahua, and weighs about 800gms, he's black and white and looks nothing like a kelpie :)

I didn't bother correcting her :) I was already at work for half hour after my shift.

I had a guy at work ask me if I could take his friend's rabbit, and when I suggested that they contact Small Animal Rescue where the bunny would be desexed and found a new loving family, he was completely horrified at the idea of desexing a rabbit... muttered something about cruelty and wandered off...

T.

I had a guy at work a few days ago tell me that raw feeding is very bad for dogs and it'll make them sick. He knows this because he once gave his dog chicken necks and the dog got sick and it cost him $800 at the vet (I highly doubt he spent that much on the dog as he is always borrowing money of people for cigarettes and drinks).

Well der Remarkabull, dontcha know Pal does parachute food drops to wild dingoes, couldn't have them eating raw food could we!

I did ask him how he figured it to be true, you know, seeing how dogs have been killing animals and eating the raw for quite some time but he obviously knows something I don't!

Edited by Remarkabull

Well der Remarkabull, dontcha know Pal does parachute food drops to wild dingoes, couldn't have them eating raw food could we!

I've been told that raw food is why wild dogs/dingoes/wolves etc die young and infested with diseases and problems. When I asked how they thought these animals had survived to this day if that was the case he said it's because we invented dog biscuits.

I'm still trying to work out how all that fits together into anything even resembling a logical thought.

And I'm still feeding my dog raw :laugh:

Got one of the usual 'what is that dog crossed with' questions yesterday about Amber. No idea why the colour confuses people so much. This time the guy actually apologised and said he hoped I wasn't offended. That was a bit different.

'You got an american what? WHAT ABOUT YOUR STEP KIDS?'

This coming from my mum who was always the first to go in to bat for our BTxAMSTAFF growing up and had friends who bread BT, APBT and AMSTAFF puppies that she let me be around from when I was in nappies.

He's an american bulldog. Just as sooky and cute as an english bulldog.

And for anyone else who tunes out after I say 'American' and assumes my dog is an unstoppable natural born killer. I am apparently a mental case for owning one and should be counting down the minutes till the council ranger comes to shoot my dog on site.

Um, he may only be 10 weeks old but unless you are a fly, a cicada or a chicken treat I think you're pretty safe. Oh gumnuts, he has a fancy for them too.

PEOPLE ARE THE PROBLEM! NOT PETS!

A few weeks ago at obedience club my jaw nearly hit the ground when one of the instructors suggested bite training for a giant, fear aggressive and dog reactive GSD who was dragging his elderly owner all over the place and randomly lunging at dogs as far as 3 m away (with owner grass skiing after the hairy beastie).

Regardless of breed, that kind of dog needs some serious behavior modification, not training on where to grab an opponent...