What's The Most Frustrating Statement Someone Has Made To You Late

kelpiecuddles

Stupid lady (SL) What kind of dog is that?

Me: He's fox terrier.

SL: Oh. Your dog MUST be crossed with a kelpie. He has tan on his face.

Me: Nah. I'm pretty sure he's a run of the mill foxie.

SL: Well I've never seen one like that. I'm sure he's got kelpie in him.

Me: mmm. Maybe you're right.

Scottie again for those of you who don't know - looks like.....

post-51207-0-02251000-1390204246_thumb.jpg

post-51207-0-12656200-1390204285_thumb.jpeg

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yep Definatly can see the kelpie there?????

The shelter clearly missed their opportunity - they could have sold him to me as a fox-pie or Kel-terrier and made me pay more as a designer breed.

The shelter clearly missed their opportunity - they could have sold him to me as a fox-pie or Kel-terrier and made me pay more as a designer breed.

Off topic......but squee!!! He is soooo cute!!

Well der Remarkabull, dontcha know Pal does parachute food drops to wild dingoes, couldn't have them eating raw food could we!

I did ask him how he figured it to be true, you know, seeing how dogs have been killing animals and eating the raw for quite some time but he obviously knows something I don't!

Don't feed your dogs raw meat...it will give them worms. :rofl:

so my friend has been on a waiting list for a puppy for a while now, the puppy was born, chosen and she was supposed to pick him up next week...except this picked him up this week at only 7 weeks. asked her what the deal was with that and she said the breeder called on the weekend said puppy has had his health check and injections and she can come pick him up, however because legally puppies are not allowed to be let go till 8 weeks the breeder is just keeping all the records till next week! he told her that he used to sell the puppies at 6 weeks till the law started cracking down on it, so he tells everyone 8 weeks then when they turn 7 weeks he's confidant they are for real, not just trying to catch him at anything and says "hey come get your puppy!" :eek: ya cuz the law is totally stupid, and there is absolutely no reason for it :banghead: its not even like the breeder is entirely unethical, I mean obviously he is, but he never breeds before the age of 3, fully health tests all of his dogs, sells on non breeding contracts etc.. so where the heck did he miss the boat on THAT one? lol

What breed?

Some people find that for example LGDs bond better to stock the earlier they start the process, especially if the breeder has no stock.

It didn't use to be unusual for dogs to go to new homes at 6 or 7 weeks and be fine and while I don't agree with this there are probably worse things. It is the law however, so I would comply with the 8 weeks minimum regardless of what I thought of it.

Same thing that always annoys me - that apparently I own Chihuahuas...I'm sorry they are clearly Miniature Pinschers.

Also, every dog owner thread I find on the Internet is filled with these pompous know-it-alls who just want to argue about how they're right about everything. I don't even get acknowledged anymore, because forum regulars are too busy fighting with each other.

Should of just stayed on dol :p

Fevah!!!!!!!! Where you been!!!!!??????????

Where have I been? Around being told my dogs are Chihuahuas *huffs* ;)

I dunno. I went and bought a house and had a career for a while and stuff and things. Glad to see some familiar faces :)

Walking my Bernese Mountain Dog and my Australian Shepherd (black tri) when a couple approaches us.

He: ’Do you sell puppies?’

Me: ‘Why would you assume that?

He: ‘Isn’t that a boy and a girl and you can breed with them?’

Me: ‘No, that are 2 girls and are different breeds”

He: :eek:

Or

Walking the same dogs and people assume that they are mother and puppy……… :rofl:

Sorry cannot attach pics, but they do definitely look different

I have been asked a number of times if Baby and Rusty were mother and pup...... ummm Baby is a Toller..Rusty is a JRT/Pomeranian...he looks like a wire coated shiba with tipped ears.... and thats ignoring that Rusty(the "puppy") is an old man and you can tell lol

My newest rescue adoption pup has been coming to work with me. After hour, he gets to pay in the consult room whilst I'm cleaning up. Yesterday a surgery pick up was running really late and as she came in, she spotted my little guy running around. Her comment of "oh, what a lovely kelpie puppy you are" had me totally confused. My pup is a foxy cross Chihuahua, and weighs about 800gms, he's black and white and looks nothing like a kelpie :)

I didn't bother correcting her :) I was already at work for half hour after my shift.

LOL. Maybe it was the same lady who said it to me :)

Same thing that always annoys me - that apparently I own Chihuahuas...I'm sorry they are clearly Miniature Pinschers.Also, every dog owner thread I find on the Internet is filled with these pompous know-it-alls who just want to argue about how they're right about everything. I don't even get acknowledged anymore, because forum regulars are too busy fighting with each other. Should of just stayed on dol :p

Uh, if they are the dogs in your signature even I can tell they aren't chis...

Walking my Bernese Mountain Dog and my Australian Shepherd (black tri) when a couple approaches us.He: ’Do you sell puppies?’ Me: ‘Why would you assume that?He: ‘Isn’t that a boy and a girl and you can breed with them?’Me: ‘No, that are 2 girls and are different breeds”He: :eek: OrWalking the same dogs and people assume that they are mother and puppy……… :rofl: Sorry cannot attach pics, but they do definitely look different

If I can tell the difference without pictures then everybody should.

What I don't know about things could fill a warehouse. If *I* know something, my rule in life is that everyone else should.

ps berners are soooo adorables.

He: "You should add breeding to your business because there is BIG money in it these days!"Me: "I don't believe in breeding for money, there is a lot more to it than that. It's quite involved and expensive and you don't actually make much money if you do it properly with all the health testing etc"He: screws up his face, "what? You just put a male and female together and it makes puppies, what is so hard about that?"

Sort of said but more actions.

Walking my boy the other day, coming in our direction a young couple with a small fluffy.

I move to one side of the path, and put Duke on the other side of me so he's not next to their dog when we pass.

They then move their dog to the same side.

Still coming, i move him to the other side. :mad

He's cruising no probs, when they get close the small fluffy goes ballistic.

Duke gets excited, jumps around a bit, all by my side, min 1-2m from their dog.

They struggle to control the small dog.

Icing on the cake -

The lady starts with soft panicked screams to her OH

"OMG OMG look at that thing, did you see it, AAAGH, move" Pushing the OH so she can get further than the 3m she already is from my boy, who's still by my side.

Dogs laws need to allow owners to slap another owner in these situations :thumbsup:

Edited by BoxerB