Dog Shot At Wendouree Home

Zereuloh

Someone on the internet offended me. Oh the horror!

Fact is there a A LOT of corrupt police officers who lie through their teeth. That's common knowledge. Before you put words in my mouth. I said a lot, not all. ;)

not sure what point you are trying to make there? I'm not offended, just expressed an opinion - as did you (so I assume you are not so thin skinned that you are offended by people expressing an opinion of the way you chose to express your opinion). As for common knowledge that "there are A LOT of corrupt police officers", I prefer to use actual data :)

Not offended at all. But I don't feel the need to make snide insults to get my point across. :)

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also think shoulder cams are a brilliant idea .... so much can happen in a short time ..and people remember things differently .

Police also lie their heads off - until they realise the incident was recorded.

Fixed that for you.

Hardly. In future please refrain from changing my quotes. I'd hate for someone to think I actually did say that and that is precisely the impression your editing conveys.

Incident recording keeps everyone honest. If that's your point, make it for yourself. Police are people by the way, regardless of what you think.

I'm sure everyone here would be intelligent enough to go back to your actual quote. ;)

Not the point.

Not offended at all. But I don't feel the need to make snide insults to get my point across. :)

I'm getting an impression of "if anyone disagrees with me, they are snide/ just don't understand/ are ignorant" but anything you write no matter how insulting is fine because you are making a point? For the record as far as I'm concerned you are entitled to your opinion - just as I am to mine :) (mine opinion includes not relying on youtube as a reliable source of information)

Edited by KJJ

I also think shoulder cams are a brilliant idea .... so much can happen in a short time ..and people remember things differently .

Fixed that for you.

Hardly. In future please refrain from changing my quotes. I'd hate for someone to think I actually did say that and that is precisely the impression your editing conveys.

Incident recording keeps everyone honest. If that's your point, make it for yourself. Police are people by the way, regardless of what you think.

I'm sure everyone here would be intelligent enough to go back to your actual quote. ;)

Not the point.

Agreed! Changing someone's words, and then posting as though it is an actual quote .... :( :( :mad

Edited by persephone

Fixed that for you.

The only 'Fixed it for you posts' that I have seen before have been very funny ones.

This is not. You really need to remove this Cody.

Happy to re-provide my phone number if you want to take this up with me.

"Who steals my purse steals trash; 'tis something, nothing;

'Twas mine, 'tis his, and has been slave to thousands;

But he that filches from me my good name

Robs me of that which not enriches him,

And makes me poor indeed."

the dog had no complaints lodged with the council....the neighbours attested he was friendly, the owners said he had never attacked. Some big girl's blouse policemen wet himself at the sight of a big dog, and shot first - because he was frightened.

Maybe the police force should recruit people who do not wet themselves when faced with a barking dog?

totally inappropriate behaviour, imho, and the more we (the public) condone it, the more it will happen.

The friends of the owners (neighbours) are hardly likely to say anything else though. I also question the owners knowledge of dogs, see below.

http://www.thecourier.com.au/story/1749179/police-shoot-and-kill-dog-at-wendouree-home/?cs=61

"Bruiser had to have been turned away to be shot like that and when I felt his body, he wasn't tense at all," Ms Elliott.

I'm pretty sure that when you die your muscles relax. Maybe the owner is one of those people that yell out don't worry he's friendly as their dog barrels towards yours on the attack. If he was relaxed and showing no aggression he wouldn't have been shot. The fact is the dog wasn't contained and the officer was sufficiently concerned about his welfare to discharge his weapon. They don't do that lighting as there is basically an investigation each time it happens. We also don't know the reasons for their visit, one of the most dangerous situations is going to a house as it's the most unpredictable. If you have verified information that proves the dog did not approach them aggressively then feel free to post it.

the dog had no complaints lodged with the council....the neighbours attested he was friendly, the owners said he had never attacked. Some big girl's blouse policemen wet himself at the sight of a big dog, and shot first - because he was frightened.

Maybe the police force should recruit people who do not wet themselves when faced with a barking dog?

totally inappropriate behaviour, imho, and the more we (the public) condone it, the more it will happen.

I sure hope you loudly express this opinion should you ever need the help of the police or other people who put their lives on the line each day.

I sure hope you loudly express this opinion should you ever need the help of the police or other people who put their lives on the line each day.

Absolutely. Every time I have phoned the police, they have been too busy to turn up, so, fortunately, the dogs have never been an issue. I am sure I don't need to let them know how I feel about this, as hundreds of people probably already have.

And this thread is about ONE policeman not "other people who put their lives on the line every day"

You can all be happy with these actions, I don't have a problem with that. I'm not.

And trolls are a vast improvement on sheep :laugh:

Edited by Jed

This conclusion based on one media report that does not actually quote a single neighbour attesting to the fact that the dog was friendly.

Did you miss the part where the owner's family admit that the dog did "growl and bark and that"?

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Having an understanding of the problems that the police face doesn't make you a sheep. It makes you a compassionate human being. If I believed everything I read in the paper I would be convinced that all bull breeds are dangerous, we all know the media get it wrong with BSL but you'll automatically take their word as gospel because you have a bias against the police. Try living in a world with no police, then you might appreciate having them around.

It might also be a safety issue. If they are dealing with people who may be violent they may not want to be distracted by a dog that is out of control if sprayed with capsicum spray or down with a taser, which does wear off. I am sorry that the poor dog was shot but if the owners had him contained it wouldn't have happened.

Well since you've had such a negative experience and believe that all police are corrupt you won't be needing their help again so I hope you don't call them. Having a brother who is a cop and a son who is going into the force makes me have no respect for people who have this attitude.

Point me in the direction I said all police are corrupt.

Does anyone know if police in Victoria have access to tasers or capsicum spray?

It would seem more sensible to use something non deadly to repel an oncoming dog? But I don't know if they are allowed to use them?

OC spray simply pisses some dogs off. Tasers don't always drop them.

This article rather graphically illustrates the point The dog involved here was probably about 1/3 the weight of Bruiser.

Locally only Sergeants have a taser. Everyone has O/C spray. I can't speak for Victoria.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Fixed that for you.

Where is the "some police" or even "a lot of police"? You clearly meant to generalise. I noticed you haven't commented on whether you've ever called the police.

Well since you've had such a negative experience and believe that all police are corrupt you won't be needing their help again so I hope you don't call them. Having a brother who is a cop and a son who is going into the force makes me have no respect for people who have this attitude.

Point me in the direction I said all police are corrupt.

I already have. Do you need pictures?