Dog Shot At Wendouree Home

Zereuloh

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure everyone here would be intelligent enough to go back to your actual quote. ;)

Time will tell.

I did :) - having only skimmed the thread it made me go back and check what had been actually been written (it seems rather rude and childish to alter someones words when quoting, so I wanted to clarify what had or had not been said)

Someone on the internet offended me. Oh the horror!

Fact is there a A LOT of corrupt police officers who lie through their teeth. That's common knowledge. Before you put words in my mouth. I said a lot, not all. ;)

For you, Reverend Jo. I clearly stated a lot, not all.

Today I learned it's ok to have an opinion, as long as everyone else agrees with it.

Yep, jump right up on that cross Cody...

Lots of opinions expressed in this thread. Only one expressed so far as I can tell for the self admitted purpose of stirring the pot.

Today I learned it's ok to have an opinion, as long as everyone else agrees with it.

Do you know the difference between having an opinion and claiming something as fact? You made the claim that police were corrupt and you had evidence, youtube videos :laugh:

And news reports on google. Don't twist my words. I'd love to see your evidence that no police officer EVER has never been corrupt. :)

I'm sure everyone here would be intelligent enough to go back to your actual quote. ;)

Time will tell.

I did :) - having only skimmed the thread it made me go back and check what had been actually been written (it seems rather rude and childish to alter someones words when quoting, so I wanted to clarify what had or had not been said)

Fact is there a A LOT of corrupt police officers who lie through their teeth. That's common knowledge. Before you put words in my mouth. I said a lot, not all. ;)

For you, Reverend Jo. I clearly stated a lot, not all.

Only after you were pulled up for saying "Police also lie their heads off". Your original post was an offensive generalisation and you only added the "A LOT" after having that pointed out.

Time will tell.

You're probably trying to stir the pot but your "fact" I don't buy into much :laugh:

Of course I am. :p

But just google and check out some youtube vids. You'll find your evidence there. ;)

Do you know the difference between having an opinion and claiming something as fact? You made the claim that police were corrupt and you had evidence, youtube videos :laugh:

And news reports on google. Don't twist my words. I'd love to see your evidence that no police officer EVER has never been corrupt. :)

Seriously, reread your own posts. So where did I say that there are no corrupt police? I never said that, I objected to your initial accusation that all police are liars. No one has said there aren't corrupt police, don't start making things up because you are embarrassed about your posts.

I'd love to see your evidence that no police officer EVER has never been corrupt. :)

I'd love to see where anyone in this thread made that assertion as being "common knowledge" or a "fact".

Or indeed, at all. :)

Edited by Haredown Whippets

sorry Ruralpug, just can't help trolling - in the genes, I guess.

This is what the paper reported on the dog. Combining this with the fact that the dog was shot in the back of the neck, I still believe the whole situation is disgraceful.

Mrs Elliot may not have known the usual condition of a dead body, but she sure as hell knew where the bullet hit the dog.

the crowd who had gathered outside their house to mourn Bruiser.

"He was so docile. There was no reason to kill him."

Ms Elliot held grave concerns for her mother's welfare.

"When my mum feels like killing herself, Bruiser isn't going to be there for her."

When police returned to the house, both Ms Fraser and Ms Elliott demanded answers as to why Bruiser had been shot.

When police said Bruiser had attacked a member, Ms Fraser said: "You can protect them but we've got a dead dog."

Ms Elliott said her father had asked police why Bruiser had been shot and was told: "It scared me."

"Bruiser had to have been turned away to be shot like that and when I felt his body, he wasn't tense at all," Ms Elliott.

"He's never attacked anyone. He'd lick you to death first.

"He growls and barks and that but that's all he would do."

Ballarat City Council said there was no record of complaints or incidents filed against Bruiser.

Cody, you can have any opinion you like, just be prepared to defend it. By having that opinion, you may lead someone to consider a position they would not have considered otherwise.

Also people who agree with you may not be confident enough to post in the face of opposition, but will do so if there is some support.

Of course, you have to be prepared for a bit of flack, and people running into other threads and incorrectly describing your ideology, but that's life. eh?

Just for the record - I have great respect for the police - the right ones - not including Terry Lewis - and I also respect what they do, and that it is a difficult and underpaid job. I am friends with some policemen, including a couple of AFT but that doesn't change my opinion about this.

Edited by Jed

I'd still like to know how, given the lack of detail about what happened, anyone can conclude that the dog did or did not behave aggressively and that the police officer did or did not have a legitimate reason to fear for his safety and therefore to shoot the dog in self defence.

The only people we've heard from that have said anything about the dog are the owner and family members.

Maybe I'm a blouse too but if a huge dog came running out a front door barking and growling at me, I'd probably pee my pants. If the dog just came on and didn't bark or growl, I'd probably have a heart attack. When they come in silently, they tend to mean business.

We know nothing about the dog, the owner, the circumstances of the incident or the perception and reaction of the police officer beyond some pretty sketchy detail in a media report. The idea that the dog is by necessity the victim here and that the police officer behaved "disgracefully" bears reconsideration. We don't know enough to conclude anything.

Edited by Haredown Whippets

Don't twist my words.

Seriously?????????????

Unintentional gold.

:rofl:

I can't quite convey how wild I am at what you have done with SOMEONE ELSE'S words, but I assure you I will find a way if you ever do it to mine.

you might be wild, I am disgusted and have acted upon it

sorry Ruralpug, just can't help trolling - in the genes, I guess.

This is what the paper reported on the dog. Combining this with the fact that the dog was shot in the back of the neck, I still believe the whole situation is disgraceful.

Mrs Elliot may not have known the usual condition of a dead body, but she sure as hell knew where the bullet hit the dog.

the crowd who had gathered outside their house to mourn Bruiser.

Ms Elliot held grave concerns for her mother's welfare.

"When my mum feels like killing herself, Bruiser isn't going to be there for her."

When police returned to the house, both Ms Fraser and Ms Elliott demanded answers as to why Bruiser had been shot.

When police said Bruiser had attacked a member, Ms Fraser said: "You can protect them but we've got a dead dog."

Ms Elliott said her father had asked police why Bruiser had been shot and was told: "It scared me."

"Bruiser had to have been turned away to be shot like that and when I felt his body, he wasn't tense at all," Ms Elliott.

"He's never attacked anyone. He'd lick you to death first.

"He growls and barks and that but that's all he would do."

Ballarat City Council said there was no record of complaints or incidents filed against Bruiser.

Cody, you can have any opinion you like, just be prepared to defend it. By having that opinion, you may lead someone to consider a position they would not have considered otherwise.

Also people who agree with you may not be confident enough to post in the face of opposition, but will do so if there is some support.

Of course, you have to be prepared for a bit of flack, and people running into other threads and incorrectly describing your ideology, but that's life. eh?

Just for the record - I have great respect for the police - the right ones - not including Terry Lewis - and I also respect what they do, and that it is a difficult and underpaid job. I am friends with some policemen, including a couple of AFT but that doesn't change my opinion about this.

I don't really care. They can argue amongst themselves. :laugh:

Where you there Jed? If not, how can you know exactly what happened?

No, I wasn't there.Like everyone else, I am using the newspaper article, and the reports from witnesses - because that is all there is. And if you object to that, this subject should not be up for discussion at all.

Further, perhaps the dog ran at the policeman, frothing and fuming. However, maybe it trotted up, lay down, and rolled over and that's why he shot it in the back of the neck.

We don't know. We are arguing, as we arguing on most things here, on what was printed in the paper.

I'm over arguing about this. we could continue to argue various points for months.

The point for me is that the policeman showed lack of respect for someone's property. He could have used pepper spray or his baton, or shouted. He didn't. He shot first. Wrong.

If everyone thinks this is ok, God help the world we live in in 10 years.

I think it's very sad, and hard to know who is at fault. If the dog really did have intent to protect his people then it probably had to end the way it did. The elderly/infirm owners probably couldn't drag him off if he really went beserk, and 60kg is a lot of dog for anyone to have charge at them. Where were the owners, anyway? If I heard my dog carrying on out the front at something I would be out there in a heartbeat.

However if the dog was just having a grizzle and walking off as it is implied in the article then I find it even more sad. I was of the belief a shot is the last resort, not a cop but I do find that alarming. Surely you would shout for the owners first?

I don't know what the answer is, perhaps there needs to be some dog body language training something? It does sound a bit odd to me, but that could well just be the emotive journalism.

Umm...

The same dog who allegedly ran out the front door in a "threatening manner".

This is a big dog.

Yeah, funny that, I'm on their side. We are talking a big dog. A BIG dog, and said big dog charged them, sorry, just barked and growled.....

Im sure there's lengthy reporting they have to do after discharging a firearm and it wouldn't be treated lightly. I'm also sure training wise they're taught at what point they need to draw their gun. With a dog they can't exactly say 'stop, or I'll shoot' to avoid shots being fired. If the owner can't or won't control the dog what are they to do?

Why would they bother shooting gentle, non threatening dogs...what would that achieve? Im giving them the benefit of the doubt that any shots fired were justified at the time and were to ensure their own safety (and possibly the publics) whilst carrying out an already dangerous job!