Remote Community Outdoes Urban In Dog Management

RuralPug

thumbsup1.gif amrric does an amazing job helping dogs in remote areas. they are the unsung heroes of dog welfare here in Australia and deserve all recognition that can get.

I love seeing the photo's of healthy happy community dogs on their facebook page and support them when I can.

thumbsup1.gif amrric does an amazing job helping dogs in remote areas. they are the unsung heroes of dog welfare here in Australia and deserve all recognition that can get.

I love seeing the photo's of healthy happy community dogs on their facebook page and support them when I can.

There's a concept that doesn't translate to the burbs.

Great outcomes, but..... I can see that 1. The dog owners do not pay for desexing in these communities and I'm sure that would have something to do with it, i.e it makes it far more accessible to low income households and 2. Roaming dogs in cities end up in pounds which is not the case in remote communities.

It works because they have a whole different concept of dog ownership & management.

Probably little problem in the way of dog attacks too ?

Dogs are probably not required to be registered, no limits on numbers & are not required to be contained.

Providing they are desexed they are likely to be more social, be comfortable around people & part of the community & have the huge pack order sorted out.

Different rules for different parts of the country can work & I do hope all states will not be under a one fits all law, rule or legislation.