Doggy Day Care Options Between Adelaide And Brisbane

Mrs Rusty Bucket

Hi all

I'm planning a second epic trip to Brisbane (Chuwar and Brookfield) this year. The first time around I felt a bit pinned by the dog, like I couldn't leave her locked in the car cos it was too hot (will be again), and didn't want to leave her loose at friends homes either. Some friends it's ok but others not so much. Not where there's cane toads and ticks etc.

So wondering if there are any nice doggy day care places around Sydney, maybe north side (near Frenchs forest or that side of the water), near ish Wyong or between Wyong and Sydney, and especially around Brisbane - somewhere not too far from Brookfield or reasonably easy to get to from there.

And Canberra. Anywhere. But ideally north of the lake. I'd be staying somewhere northside and commuting into town - where there is no longer any suitable parking at all for my car since they lowered all the public pay car parking height limits. Grr. But I'd like to visit the Art Gallery and maybe old parliament house and etc while I'm there. And I don't think they want to mind my dog in the cloak room. she'd probably do her best ear splitting howl for the first 20 minutes anyway. Strangely she doesn't do that when she's at dog events.

Hi all

I'm planning a second epic trip to Brisbane (Chuwar and Brookfield) this year. The first time around I felt a bit pinned by the dog, like I couldn't leave her locked in the car cos it was too hot (will be again), and didn't want to leave her loose at friends homes either. Some friends it's ok but others not so much. Not where there's cane toads and ticks etc.

So wondering if there are any nice doggy day care places around Sydney, maybe north side (near Frenchs forest or that side of the water), near ish Wyong or between Wyong and Sydney, and especially around Brisbane - somewhere not too far from Brookfield or reasonably easy to get to from there.

And Canberra. Anywhere. But ideally north of the lake. I'd be staying somewhere northside and commuting into town - where there is no longer any suitable parking at all for my car since they lowered all the public pay car parking height limits. Grr. But I'd like to visit the Art Gallery and maybe old parliament house and etc while I'm there. And I don't think they want to mind my dog in the cloak room. she'd probably do her best ear splitting howl for the first 20 minutes anyway. Strangely she doesn't do that when she's at dog events.

We stayed at a hotel in Canberra for a few days when we moved there for a year. It has a floor where you can stay with your dogs and it has a run at the back.. I am wracking my brain for the name of it. Olims? Or something like that.

I'd probably be staying at various friends places, but they all work during the day, so that's when I need somewhere for the dog if I want to go to the art gallery.

One friend has a not quite snake proof cat cage thing - which is about the same size as an RSPCA pen (with no exercise yard), my dog stayed in that one visit but I'd rather not have to do that. There is an Olims hotel. I will see if they do doggy day care.

Ok - Olims is part of Mercure hotel chain and fairly cheap for a hotel. They have a room where your dog can be with you but as best I can tell without phoning - it's not a place to leave your dog while you go sight seeing.

I vaguely remember a very debauch work Christmas party there that got way out of hand. Too much grog and not enough food.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

Just checked their website though and they're super expensive for a casual visit! $55?! Crazy! I think I saw a boarding kennel at goodna recently that does daycare, but can't remember the name...

Edited by aliwake

janarlee lodge looks good. A little close to the highway for a dog that doesn't like traffic noises much. I wouldn't know if it was a problem until I got there. But it does seem very close to where I stay when I visit Wyong area.

You're right about the price tag on wags day out. But anyone who could clip my dog's nails for $20 - I'd pay that.

Edited by Mrs Rusty Bucket

janarlee lodge looks good. A little close to the highway for a dog that doesn't like traffic noises much. I wouldn't know if it was a problem until I got there. But it does seem very close to where I stay when I visit Wyong area.

You're right about the price tag on wags day out. But anyone who could clip my dog's nails for $20 - I'd pay that.

Me me !!! I'd do it for half that! I am the dog toenail cutting whisperer lol. There aren't many I have met that I can't clip in a calm & humane manner. I do know my limitations though & a few have gone home still tip tip tipping the floorboards.......

My dear friend runs a supberb dog friendly B&B in outer western suburb near Canberra stadium and she would gladly mind dog for day or more for small fee she has fully enclosed dog proof set up for just such occaisons. I can definately give you details in PM if required. When we travelled up through Dubbo and visited the zoo they had kennels at entrance where we could leave dog locked safely in climate control area. In Brisbane I can certainly put you in touch with someone who would be willing to daycare your dog in safe enclosed kennel and exercise yard and is short commute from her place to Brookfield and all other area's including central Brisbane etc.

I drive down the pacific hwy passed where Janarlee is located quite often with my windows down to listen to the birds. If you want me to drive to their location I am happy to and see if it is affected by freeway traffic noise. I live in Wyong and it is only a short drive from here, there is also another daycare slightly further north which friends are happy with, I think there is doggy daycare in Gosford too but that is at least 30 minutes drive. Most kennels / doggy daycare places will be near the freeway to catch passing traffic.

Most kennels / doggy daycare places will be near the freeway to catch passing traffic.

That's like most Motels. I hate that. I'd like the sign visible from the freeway but not the place. Because I like quiet when I'm sleeping. I'm not sure what my dog's excuse is. Although I'm not that keen on advertising distractions along roads especially busy high speed roads - but that comes of spending years driving around Canberra.

I can check out places when I get there. And they can check out my dog. And then we will know.