Furminator?

haylz27

I bought a Furminator a few days ago for my Aussie (almost 12 months) but now I've been reading reviews that it cuts/damages the coat so I am reluctant to use it. Has anyone had any experience with the furminator? I'm wondering whether I should just go and take it back and get an undercoat rake instead...

Here is Merlin at 11 months. :) :D

1146898_10153164150070492_2051976509_o.jpg

I got a furminator after hearing about it online in other forums for use on my BCx (also called Merlin :) ), after reading more about grooming on this site and others I switched to using an under coat rake (plus pin brush etc) and I would have to say his coat looks better now than it did using the furminator.

is it worth it?... not with a beauty like Merlin. :)

I'm not really into the bladed shredders, I honestly think Furminator TM an overly marketed tool, the ads and youtube vids look great but there are just too many negatives for me to take the risk with a double coated dog.

Merlin is stunning .... I'm another who wouldn't use a furminator on him. I'd use a rake, just lift the top coat & gently comb out in the direction the coat grows.

You'll be surprised how much you will rake out. You can do it over a few sessions if need be. Some dogs are sensitive . Takes me usually a couple of goes to complete my boys coat but well worth the effort :laugh:

Edited by BC Crazy

Gorgeous dog! I have no handy tips re grooming... Juno rolls in the dust and then self cleans as she runs :laugh: i just wanted to comment on the beautiful photo. I hadn't really seen any Aussies until I joined the forum but they are gordeous! Love the colouring.