Adelaide Royal

SwaY

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so excited! I'll be there Sunday for baby puppy day, can't wait! :D

See you there Cassie! :D

So, if I wanted to come on Wednesday to see the Dalmatians.... What time would I need to be there?

Dallies are the first breed into the ring and judging starts at 9am, so I would be there for the start.

Results for Schipps are up on the website already.

BEST OF BREED

2065 Tyrrell, B SUP CH BEADALE LITTLE CAPTAIN

RUNNER-UP TO BEST OF BREED

2060 Bateau Chien Kennels Gr Ch Sanlyn Hit The Road Jack Imp NZL

BEST PUPPY OF BREED

2059 Collins P J & Chapman R & E SCHEEPSHOND SPIRIT OFTHE SEA

BEST BABY PUPPY OF BREED

2058 Sharpe, K BEADALE STAR DUST

Go Captain!!!!

BB

not a conformation brag, but an Adelaide Royal brag all the same biggrin.gif

My sheppie girls competed in rally obedience, held for the first time at the Adelaide Royal...

they both passed each of their two classes, Tasha winning both classes and Seven coming a close second in both too biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I did the drive from Melbourne to Adelaide and enjoyed the show alot.

I was very happy to come home with a reserve bitch challenge with my 10 month old homebred girl who also won Puppy of breed over my 6 month old co-owened import boy from Norway.

My little boy showed like a star was not phased by the crowds or the 2 days showing and found thousands of new best friends in the public.

Well. Just got back from 5 hours at the show for the first time in a couple of years.. Working in rescue when you tend to see the other side of the breed, it was soooo good to be reminded what really good westies look like and see such cherished dogs - and feel a proper double coat again!

The four local westie breeders I really like were all there so it was good to say hello again. And the whippets!!! There were 168 whippets entered and the whippet judging in the other ring seemed to take all morning!! Amazing breed. And lovely to have a cuddle with Pippa the GAP greyhound who was there as well with the GAP programme - came perilously close to bringing her home with me!

Rabanne I'm so sorry I didn't check this thread before I left so I didn't look for you. Would love to have said hello otherwise. Maybe next year?

Gee the Shows are a good reminder of why good breeding is soooo important. Congratulations to everyone who goes to the most amazing lengths to show their fantastic dogs. I'm in awe of you. worship.gif

Edited by westiemum

Don't often post here but very pleased to report a Bedlington Terrier (two in breed), Best of Breed for our Swedish import Ch Isotop's Viking. This is the first time we have entered a Royal so very pleased with the result.

Ruth, the owner of the other Bedlington was a delight to sit next to and we spent a good deal of time discussing a range of Bedlington topics.

Also caught up with previous puppy buyers and a few names (from the Internet) now have faces.

Looking forward to another day on Saturday.

Regards,

I made it to the show this morning, and saw a couple of Dalmations... one was a gorgeous Boy and smiling away :D Very cute! Also saw gorgeous Westies, Whippets, Greyhounds and German Shepherds. Oh and the most beautiful Bernese Mountain dog.. LOL it was a busy morning!