So Annoyed!

mixeduppup

I get that the pick & choose mentally would be annoying, but really, I am just happy to be able to vote in our safe & democratic country rather than have to dodge bombs & bullets to try to vote in a corrupt country. Take a deep breath and just be grateful to live in Australia today :)

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's a photo on Malcolm Turnbull's Facebook page (he's a dog tragic) of the 'official' Puppy Parking Zone outside the Bondi Beach Public School markets. Click to enlarge:

post-3304-0-20375700-1378528717_thumb.jpg

Bit like that at the school where we voted today. Quite a few people had dogs, but they all either left the dog outside with a 'minder', or they tied the dog up in a place away from the flow of the people.

Oh that is way cool :D Puppy Parking :laugh:

City and country I would think would be a bit different. I live in a country town and both mum and I took our dogs with us. They didn't go in with us but we took turns holding both the dogs so one of us could go in and vote. It was at a primary school and other people had dogs with them. No one seemed to care about the dogs being there and there were not a lot of people there. Might be a different story in the city.

It would hardly be a loss this election if the dogs paw printed a vote or two or ate our ballet papers. I think this election will find a greater percentage of unusable votes than any previously.

All the trees that have suffered in the name of politics. Now where are our dogs going to pee?

It would hardly be a loss this election if the dogs paw printed a vote or two or ate our ballet papers. I think this election will find a greater percentage of unusable votes than any previously.

All the trees that have suffered in the name of politics. Now where are our dogs going to pee?

:laugh: The dog ate my vote!

:laugh: The dog ate my vote!

I've been denied that excuse! :laugh:

even though I live in the burbs there were a few dogs at the local primary school (there was a Japanese Spitz, a BC, something large and brown of indeterminate breed and a chocolate Lab puppy) all bar the puppy were inside the school grounds but leashed at the perimeter fence - the puppy was leaving when I arrived and was being carried so I have no idea what the owners did with it while voting. When walking home after voting I also got an illustration of why walking your dog on a leash is a good idea - a small fluffy (on long leash) and a whippet (not on leash, but carrying a bread roll) started fighting when passing each other on the foot path (the whippet owner felt the fight started because her dog thought the other was going to steal the bread roll), the fight spilled out onto the road where a car narrowly missed them. Fortunately the fight stopped pretty quickly (it was over by the time I ran across the road to try and help), but I wish people would keep their dogs adequately controlled near roads :(

I took my pup into the polling booth and there were no problems at all. If anyone had said something I would argue the premises are not being used as a "school" but are open to and used by the public for the purpose of compulsory election voting so if they had turned me away I would have taken down names and that would be on my reason for not voting. There were no signs outside the entry stating dogs not allowed and she certainly got plenty of attention, pats, giggles and stares. She even got offered a sausage from the BBQ.

I took my pup into the polling booth and there were no problems at all. If anyone had said something I would argue the premises are not being used as a "school" but are open to and used by the public for the purpose of compulsory election voting so if they had turned me away I would have taken down names and that would be on my reason for not voting. There were no signs outside the entry stating dogs not allowed and she certainly got plenty of attention, pats, giggles and stares. She even got offered a sausage from the BBQ.

A few of my friends have said the same thing since I posted this. I should have stood my ground but I'm a scaredy cat and run from conflict :o

I run my dog training classes at a primary school. Most other trainers I know that run group classes do too but they all had to find a school that would hire the grounds to them. I did find it a bit tricky to find one that would let me as no one in my area had done this before and some places had a very 'no dogs in schools' mentality, but i found a nice one that was happy to have me there.

We closed classes due to elections but I think next time I'll keep them on as we use the oval and it shouldn't interfere other than parking. Maybe some voters will come and see the classes and sign up.

Very glad I don't vote.

I've come to the conclusion that this lady was scared of/didn't like large dogs and a bit controlling/rude. The lady who was handing out pink tickets at the front of the line was telling me a story of a man who brought in a "golden border collie" earlier that morning and everyone was gushing over it. And the fact that this lady has let me through with kelpies before leads me to believe she's large dogist.

Edited by mixeduppup

I voted with my two on the way out for our morning walk this morning. The voting was in a community centre and I tied them up out of the way (but there were lots of jokes being made about whether they were voting, they got handed their own voting "junk mail :laugh:"). All in good humour. We are in the suburbs. When I came out to get mine somebody had tied up an OES nearby.

Edited by ness

I guess another reason why dogs may not be allowed at schools is the issue of cleanliness - the possibility of wee and droppings. In this regard, it would make no difference if it was a 'school' or a 'voting area' on the day. Considering I see dog droppings on the sidewalk on the same street as the school while dropping my son off, it seems people cannot be relied on to pick up.

A few of my friends have said the same thing since I posted this. I should have stood my ground but I'm a scaredy cat and run from conflict :o

You'd stand your ground over what? You didn't have a God given right to have your dog there. The best you'd accomplish is every dog getting banned - is that what you want?

Seriously people, just accept the fact that you can't take your dog every where you'd like, that some people don't like big dogs and move on.

I really don't get all the indignation. Its a voting booth, not a dog park.

Edited by Haredown Whippets