Emaciated Whippet From Gundagai Pound

Well this girl has been to the vet twice to treat a few different health ailments but she just keeps going. She now has an adoptive home all lined up. She's staying with my foster carer for now until she's strong enough to be transferred to the other rescue's foster carer at which point she'll be fully vetted and sent to start her new life.

The change in this dog's demeanor and body condition already is nothing short of amazing.

In the pound (It was so hard to get a photo of her as she was constantly searching for things to eat)

photo71.jpg

At the vet. the poor thing had the worst fly bites he had ever seen during winter

photo69.jpg

A few days ago.

041.jpg

011.jpg

Wow, she looks so much better already. Thank goodness for the temp foster care and their vet, they are all doing a fantastic job.

If the potential home falls through for any reason, Iggy Rescue has another wonderful home with 2 black male Whippets who would also like to adopt her. :)

I have informed the rescue who is taking her already :)

She's one to two years old, she's just come off season. We're waiting to spey her until a few medical conditions have been treated properly first (probably next 2-3 weeks). She came from hunters in Gundagai who really abused the privilege of having a dog. She's the sweetest little darling.

Wow ! What a tramsformation already :) looking so much better in every way. Great work foster carers. She just looks so much more content even lying on her mat not having to continually search for food. Wonderful..... poor girl must think she has gone to heaven after the hell she has been through.

Edited by BC Crazy

My goodness she looks beautiful now. With even more of the love & care she's getting, she'll be a knockout. Dogs are wonderful creatures. After all the neglect by her humans, she still has a sweet temperament. Looks it, too.

Bless all who helped.

My goodness she looks beautiful now. With even more of the love & care she's getting, she'll be a knockout. Dogs are wonderful creatures. After all the neglect by her humans, she still has a sweet temperament. Looks it, too.

Bless all who helped.

Fantastic work! But why oh why do dogs still have to be neglected until they are in a life and death state before they get help? I'm sure her original owners always had a belly full of KFC and beer (can't guarantee they were good with ear hygiene though).

I'm sure this is something we'll still be wringing our hands about in decades to come. :mad

She has certainly come along beautifully and wonderful to know that she has a home ready and waiting.

• 2 weeks later...