Litters Due November 2013

Monteba

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fantastic!! :thumbsup: Well on the way to becoming blimps like my lot then!

Do you know why she ended up with inertia? Did the vet have any thoughts?

they are quite big, and there was a lot of fluid, They think it was just stretched a little to much to actually start the proper contrations, she dilated fine then just stalled. 18 hours in stage one had a breeder friend give me some advice. It was always going to be a c section if nothing happened by 10 pm but i am an impatient person and at 4:30 pm before the vet shut i wanted to know that the pups reflected how my girl was feeling who was a little tired but very happy. Turns out that we counted 3 heart beats at 160 bpm, a little low for their liking. but said it was up to me wait and see or go in now.

Made me nervous so I rang my breeder friend with a lot more experience to ask what she'd do, who said the same thing we could wait and see as it wasn't too bad but if it was her girl she just does the op and gets everyone out safe. So I went with her experience and just got them out. Turns out it was for the best.

Vet did say she was in good condition inside and should be no reason to go again with her in the future if we wanted to, and good possibility of natural whelp too. Which is good, as for going again that is a thing for 2015 no puppies next year as we hope to have a girl from this litter to go with the girl from last. Good chances with 6 too thumbsup1.gif

Edited by Angeluca

Wow sounds like a good decision to go early. Must make a difference to recovery when they're not exhausted beforehand. Sounds like you had good support and vet advice too.

You did well to get all your girls!

I bred for a girl and only got three out of 12... And so many enquiries seem to be interested in girls too... :noidea: I suppose it might be easier to choose out of just three!

Yeah i'd love to fast forward and peek at which one I may be keeping so I don't get too attached to the wrong 5. But even the boys, I have 1 really light one I wanna call Ghost laugh.gif. But as I choose who goes where and many other things it's nice for the puppy owner to have choice about somethings, a sense of ownership for them. And I look forward to finding out what they have come up with.

last litters call name were very different to one another. Mocha- boy, Demon- boy, Portia - girl, Charlie- boy, Dotty girl, holly girl, Reg boy and Retro renamed to Phil a boy.

We kept Dotty, she was born with a white dot on her forehead, I was going to call her Star but my partner started callin her Dotty, then I started with Dotty-wot (kids TV show) so it stuck. She wasn't pick portia was but was easy second and we kept her due to attachment. Next is strictly pick so no getting attached until i know.

Bet someone come back with Bella for a girl, common goldie name.

And yes i think it makes a huge difference to recovery, 12 hrs after you'd never know she went through it.

Edited by Angeluca

Oh they're just so sweet! Those little short faces! So different to mine.

We have an ageing Goldie, and my mum had one years ago - I have such a huge soft spot for them! Our old girl is "Trina", but mum's old girl was "Bonnie" which I gather is a common goldie name like Bella! She came with it as a giveaway from the Trading Post and we never changed it.