14 Year Old Pom In Hawkesbury

If she needs a spot and can hitch a lift to goulburn she can spend her retirement with us.

Didn't see your post when I was typing, you are obviously much closer, if it doesn't pan out, perhaps I could look at being backup?

Guest donatella

If she needs a spot and can hitch a lift to goulburn she can spend her retirement with us.

Pleeeease someone. I will pay transport cost if that helps?

Yes I will. Is she near Yellow girl? She's had a couple of oldie Poms lately and lost one recently so might have an opening spot? :crossfingers:

No sadly YG is in SA and Hawkesbury Pound is in Sydney. She's not due for five days but hopefully someone in rescue can help.

I've flown dogs over from NSW pounds before but I prefer to do it only when all their other options have run out. If this baby girl ends up with no other options she has a safe place with me :heart:

I've let Hawkesbury Pound know. Jo xx

I've been in contact with Hawkesbury, she currently has adoption and rescue interest (not sure which group). Dear old bubs like this girl often have several names on them in the beginning but when it comes time to collect them people often realise that the reality will involve expensive vet work, ongoing medications, and in the case of rescue, a low chance of finding a home for an elderly, medically challenged senior dog. This little one has issues with her back legs and they will need to be looked into.

If it doesn't pan out for her with the other options, between us, she will be safe :)

I so hope so and am sending all my positive energies towards her. I would desperately love to adopt her and give her a furever home, unfortunately I just can't afford the bust-out fee, transport and vet work involved at the moment after having taken another golden oldie out of the shelter a couple of weeks ago.

It breaks my heart seeing the oldies in pounds/shelters. What the hell is wrong with people that they can just dump/not claim a loyal family member who has been with them for so many years? When our (10 year old) pom went missing in early August (RIP) we pulled out every single stop in an effort to find her - I would have paid all the money I had and more to have her back.