First Storm Of The Season

smooch

The storm rolled in in the early hours of the morning, I wasn't expecting a storm and therefore wasn't ready for it. I did get Smoochies thunder shirt out a couple of days ago thinking I would soon need it. I managed to get the shirt onto him and drag him into bed with me all to no avail, Smooch was terrified. I ended up having him in a tight bear hug but every time there was a rumble he would shake that hard the bed was shaking also. Now have to find the Rescue remedy and have it handy although it doesn't make a lot of difference to him. I am so dreading the summer storms as the older Smooch gets the worse he seems to be getting with storms or any noise.

Yes Im dreading the stormy weather as well. The storm hit here at around 2 this morning . I wasn't prepared & was racing around to find Stella's thunder shirt & meds. She was a mess. Poor girl. I sat with her until it passed. Very bad thunder/lightening. Stella was trembling & she cries out. She also tries to run just after each clap of thunder. She is crated so I worry she will injure herself as she is mentally in an almost trance like state. She bashes & crashes around. I hope as she gets older her anxiety/fear issues don't get any worse. She is pretty bad as it is :(

Edited by BC Crazy

My old boy was so so fearful of storms. I got as anxious for him as he felt about them :(

I used to actually go home from work each and every storm. Or Id call a neighbour or family to put him away.

Now I live in Tas and so few thunder/lightening storms. We've only had one since having the pups... the Mini Schnauzer barked after each and every roll of thunder and my SBT cowered and hid under the covers and we tried to ignore her reaction to it. Time will tell if I she'll create a high reaction to them