Deer Antlers

Colliewood

I love them, my pup loves them.

They get soft when slobbery so I don't think they are too hard. Even when not slobbery his teeth leave marks on them.

They dry quick and don't get gross and stinky like bones so they can have them inside too.

My girls love them too.

I have read a report that suggested there has been a high number of tooth fractures on them, so I carefully supervise my girls but they don't seem to be chomping hard enough to crack teeth so I'm not too concerned, and will continue using them.

Great inside chew toys as they don't get stinky or messy. They are expensive but they last for ages, so I'm happy to pay.

In a recent DOL thread it suggested getting them from ebay - which I did and I was really disappointed on the size on the antler chips and the fact that they sent me flat antlers - just a heads up in case you check out ebay.

The previous antlers i got where large round ones probably 20cm long and they were fantastic and still going strong after 18+ months

My girls love them too.

I have read a report that suggested there has been a high number of tooth fractures on them, so I carefully supervise my girls but they don't seem to be chomping hard enough to crack teeth so I'm not too concerned, and will continue using them.

Great inside chew toys as they don't get stinky or messy. They are expensive but they last for ages, so I'm happy to pay.

I've heard for & against & err on the side of caution & won't get them.

In a recent DOL thread it suggested getting them from ebay - which I did and I was really disappointed on the size on the antler chips and the fact that they sent me flat antlers - just a heads up in case you check out ebay.

The previous antlers i got where large round ones probably 20cm long and they were fantastic and still going strong after 18+ months

I got mine from Guide Dogs QLD Ptolomy, and they have lasted for months and months so far, even when Zazu leaves it on the balcony in the rain. They weren't cheap but have been lasting really well (and supports a good cause!). They are really similar to the ones that were being sold to raise money for agility.

http://shop-guidedogsqld-com-au.myshopify.com/products/leading-raw-natural-deer-antler-chews

We've had them before and they were fine, however a word of caution for owners who have dogs that may bite off more than they can chew, I did have a dog decide to swallow the last chunk of one and was touch and go for a blockage but ended up passing it.

We have Horse Hooves now, I ummed and arred for years about them because I read they were too hard for dogs but no problems here at all.

My work recently started selling them which I was stoked about (after hearing about them on here, but wanting to see them before buying not just buying online).

We have split ones and whole ones, and in all shapes and sizes. I got my girl one of each, the whole one will last the longest but doesn't hold her attention for anywhere near as long as the split one where she has a good go at the marrow.

The split one was a bit sharp on the edges but didn't worry her at all. She's not a power/destroy chewer so I don't worry too much about her chipping a tooth (I still supervise). I wouldn't give one to the in laws staffy x lab though as she has one purpose with chew toys - DESTROY! She WOULD hurt herself.

I also have cow hooves, another popular treat here that isn't smelly (that I can detect anyway!) and long lasting.

Around here they didn't generate a lot of interest. Dory gnawed the marrow out of one, but I think that was only because she didn't want Willow to get it. We have another one that is literally kicking around here, no one seems interested in it at all. There is no competition for it and even when I pick it up and give it to one of the dogs, it gets dropped and they walk away from it.

I get mine from a local shooter who collects them for me while he's out getting roo so they're less of a novelty for my dogs and they tend to go pretty easy on them. We've never had any broken teeth, there's no smell and they seem to last indefinitely here- my youngest hound has a big piece that has lasted him over 12 months and still looks barely touched, despite getting at least a couple of hours chewing each week. I've never bought antler online (because the local source is so good) so I couldn't comment on quality but from my experience with antlers, they're well worth getting.

My Frenchie loves hers! Keeps her quiet and I much prefer to give her an antler rather than raw-hide chews. She has been chewing on her current anlter for a couple of months now. She has nearly got all the marrow out of it but is still working on it.

I get mine from http://www.dogtreatsaustralia.com/

1st one I got has lasted the lab 4 months and gets chewed daily, she's barely making inroads.

Got another one last week and she managed to break it up and devour it in a few hours

being a natural product there's room for large amounts of variation in the product.

Im preferring them over nylabone