Melbourne Royal 21-28 Sept

SwaY

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone please tell me, general specials day how does it work? I'm guessing all the BOB are there and then BIG happens, then BIS. In group are they placed similarly to as happens in breed? And what else is awarded? Baby Puppy? Puppy (which ages is this or is it class 3)? I know it's not every class (it isn't is it?!), but I don't know what gets awarded because the only bit I do know is that it is different to a normal show!

We're going along to watch on Tuesday. Mainly for the Lagotto's. There are several breeds on that day that I haven't ever seen before. Can't wait to meet a komondor! To me, the nost beautiful dog is the borzoi and they'll be there too. What a day!!

ETA Good luck to all the exhibitors :D

Edited by Tintin Jac

Can someone please tell me, general specials day how does it work? I'm guessing all the BOB are there and then BIG happens, then BIS. In group are they placed similarly to as happens in breed? And what else is awarded? Baby Puppy? Puppy (which ages is this or is it class 3)? I know it's not every class (it isn't is it?!), but I don't know what gets awarded because the only bit I do know is that it is different to a normal show!

All BOB and Puppy of Breeds are invited back to GS day. Babies compete for baby of the ring (All breeds that the judge in that ring judge on the day) and then each ring winner competes for baby of the day, so there will be 7 babies returning, one for each day.

All Puppy of breeds will go in first and PIG is awarded. If a puppy is the BOB it will not go in for BIG if it does not win PIG.

Puppy is shortlisted to 4 who all get a rosette armband. There is 1 winner.

BIG then goes in, 8 shortlisted who get a a rosette armband, then placed 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st.

Repeat for all groups.

This year they also have breeders teams, I think they are running it like the babies.

GS will be Baby in Show, Puppy in Show then Best in Show. Not sure when they will do Breeders teams.

We're going along to watch on Tuesday. Mainly for the Lagotto's. There are several breeds on that day that I haven't ever seen before. Can't wait to meet a komondor! To me, the nost beautiful dog is the borzoi and they'll be there too. What a day!!

ETA Good luck to all the exhibitors :D

All breeds recognised by the ANKC are on the breed list by day whether there are any exhibited/in the country or not.

There should be Lagotto and will definitely be Borzoi but I don't believe there are any Komondor in the country any more.

Just for information!

I suspect everyone knows, but Juan Carlos Vasconsellos is not judging due to illness, and has been replaced by Ms Teresa Gallo (Argentina).

This is not new information, just posted as the judging timetable printed in this thread shows the original judge.

This change has been well publicised, and I suspect all exhibitors are aware of the change.

Looking forward to a great Melbourne Royal - see you there!!!!

I hope they do everything in the ring at specials time like Adelaide/Sydney Royal.

Shortlist your 8 in the ring - excuse the others.

Then place your 4 whilst they are all in the ring, sending them out to the holding area means you can't see reactions as they are announced.

(hard for photographers to also get pictures)

Hi - did anyone at the show today notice if there were any Dandie Dinmonts?

I can't see that breed on the list of results.

Cheers

I seen one being groomed, but didn't see them in the ring to see how many were shown.

Thank you :)

My friends were entered with their Dandie but couldn't go today so wanted to know if any others made the trip into the Showgrounds.

Cheers