Looking For A Gentle Older Dog.

My son who has mental health problems lost his dog a few years ago, she died of old age.

He has been without a dog ever since and is missing the companionship.

He loved to walk and exercise his dog so has no problems with that.

He has asked me to have a look around for him.

He is in Wollongong and cant travel too far so a rescue in the area would be handy.

He was thinking about an older dog, maybe a Lab or something similar.

I would suggest a JRT but because he has mental health problems, a calmer dog would be more appropriate.

So if anyone knows of or comes upon a suitable dog could you contact me.

I am going away for a month on the 26th but will be in Wollongong after the 20th of October so could help organise then.

But there is no hurry and I want him to wait for the right dog, I would also like him to meet the dog before a decision is made.

You can PM me here if you think a suitable dog becomes available.

I will check my PMs while I am away.

This would be the first time I've suggested it I reckon but..

"how about a Greyhound'?

They tend to be calm, quiet and to love walking. Older dogs do come into the adoption programs.

Only provisio I'd add is to go through a recognised adoption program so that the dog can be walked unmuzzled.

Koolie Rescue have a few older Koolies who might suit him. PM me if you are interested. The Koolies come free, desexed, vaccinated, health checked, microchipped - he would only need to pay for transport and he can try one for a month and if it does not work out return it. Most Koolies love a cuddle and to be a constant companion.