Colours For Border Collie Showing?!

puddles

Hi all!

So I'm deviating from my cattle dogs, and delving into the world of border collies! This is my first dog on full register, as my first cattle dog was associate, and second on limited, so I'm going to do a bit of showing with her! So, I need ideas for a show outfit and colours!

I'm thinking solid color, and will definitely be pants suit! Pup is black and white, and I'm thinking pale colour, either pale pink or yellow, so as not to detract from her colours.

Thoughts? Pictures of the above colours against a black and white dog?

Annnnnd finally, any suggestions as to where I might buy said pant suit?

Thanks,

Melissa

Friend who showed Rory for me had a lovely aqua skirt - showed him off beautifully - would be ice in pants suit. Yellow shows them off well too - alathough maybe a bit much in a pant suit. Midnight blue - not dark also looks great. ETA, or a light terracotta.

Edited by Tassie

black pants or skirt can go two ways.... if your dog does not have a really good topline, a black background can blend it in.... Downside, is it can hide the profile. - That is if you are standing next to the dog and holding it.

If you are standing in front of the dog - who cares. nothing is inhibiting the profile of the dog. Sometimes putting a colour behind a dog can also be useful - especially if the backdrop behind you is full of posts or pickets.