I Don't Understand! Stopping Dogs From Barking

mixeduppup

I have never understood how some people can just ignore their dogs' excessive barking. How can it not bother them?

And some people ignore because that's what they've read. And they think that's the be-all and end-all for all time. "Ignore bad behaviours" is a quote I hear many times from clients (as in, that's what they've read/heard). Unfortunately they've not also read that there comes a point when one can realise it's not working (and years is way too long!!). Some don't realise that it's not just *one* thing you need to do, either. But that's not often expanded upon in basic books, videos or TV shows.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at my Mums the other day and she has 2 border collies...someone was walking their dog on the other side of the street and the dogs were barking and running up and down the fence line. She made no attempt to stop them. When I asked her about it, she said they enjoy running up and down the fence and half heartledly told them to be quiet. I looked at her with utter amazement, looked at the guy walking on the road trying to control his dog and roared at mums two, they immediately halted and just looked at me. I looked at Mum and said that's how its done.