Campbelltown Pound (sydney) Public Meeting

• 3 weeks later...

Rozzie this is not the correct forum for rescues to complain about the pound facility. We all have a long list of complaints and these should really be addressed to the council members. The meeting was a community meeting organised by Pound Group CC to provide an update on their efforts which approved rescues had been invited to. Pound Group CC is not the council it is a group of concerned citizens that have been working tirelessly for change at the Campbelltown pound facility over the last 3 years with a great deal of success.

Rozzie this is not the correct forum for rescues to complain about the pound facility. We all have a long list of complaints and these should really be addressed to the council members. The meeting was a community meeting organised by Pound Group CC to provide an update on their efforts which approved rescues had been invited to. Pound Group CC is not the council it is a group of concerned citizens that have been working tirelessly for change at the Campbelltown pound facility over the last 3 years with a great deal of success.

I am not complaining. I used to live in the area and worked with the pound many years ago. There have been several rescues who have voiced concerns/opinions/whinges over the years about this pound. I merely thought those concerned could go along and voice whatever suggestions they had at the meeting.

So shoot me.

Pardon?

It is the correct forum to share the invitation, there has been many discussions on DOL over the years re Campbelltown so I'm not sure exactly what your problem is with Rozzie's post. It was her local for a long time, and she too is a 'concerned citizen'. As are many other Dol rescuers who do not use social networking and may not have been emailed the details.

Edited by Powerlegs

I did not mean to offend anyone I just meant that I did not think the meeting was really a forum for everyone to air their gripes about the pound as the people running the meeting are not employees of the council and are really in limbo at the moment until the tender process has been run through by the council.

I did not mean to offend anyone I just meant that I did not think the meeting was really a forum for everyone to air their gripes about the pound as the people running the meeting are not employees of the council and are really in limbo at the moment until the tender process has been run through by the council. Of course if Rosie wants to share the invite on this forum then she should be entitled to do so it was just that as part of that she said that this was the time for all of the rescue groups that have complained about the council to have their say and I was just pointing out that the meeting itself was not the forum to do this as there were no representatives there from the council.