Kennel Recommendations Adelaide Hills

Pippin13

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone has used any kennels in the Adelaide Hills regions and has any recommendations for a good place which treats the dogs well and isn't the kind of place where they are stuck in a bare room that just gets hosed down each day. Also what age do you recommend your dog is before you use a kennel?

I wouldn't send a rat I hated to board there ^

Take a look at My link

or a lot of my clients use My link although this one 'may' be more like the kennel block of days gone by.

There is a super boutique one around Mt.Pleasant or Eden Valley way but I can't think of the name of it....anyone?? found it....http://www.bedbiscuit.com.au/

The best thing you can do is arrange a visit to any kennel before you decide to book there.

Edited by skyefool

I haven't heard anything good about the one near the toll gate for many years, it is the kennel closest to us. The one time I spoke to the proprietor when Yogi went missing in a storm and Adelaide Hills Council suggested that I ring them the woman was quite short on the phone with me and said to ring the works department as they may have scraped him off the freewayeek1.gif (he was safely found).

We use Top Spot kennels http://www.topspotboarding.com.au/ and have done for many years, the dogs always come home healthy and happy.

I haven't heard anything good about the one near the toll gate for many years, it is the kennel closest to us. The one time I spoke to the proprietor when Yogi went missing in a storm and Adelaide Hills Council suggested that I ring them the woman was quite short on the phone with me and said to ring the works department as they may have scraped him off the freewayeek1.gif (he was safely found).

We use Top Spot kennels http://www.topspotboarding.com.au/ and have done for many years, the dogs always come home healthy and happy.

OMG that's awful, what a disgusting thing to say to someone who's stressed about their pet! I'm going to have a look at the Adelaide Hills pet resort, it's a bit more exy but I like the idea of not being in just a concrete room.

if you have a bulldog, have answered your question in the Health section, I would be very wary about where you board them especially if it is hot weather, would have to be kept in airconditioning.

Do you have friends or relatives who could look after the dog.

I always board any Frenchie that I have bred, the bull breeds really need extra special care not a breed for kennels. :(

thanks will look at that answer in a minute. I am in discussions with a breeder about getting a bulldog in the next 6 months. no rellies i can leave it with unfortunately. Yes i'm worried about the heat, that's why I thought maybe the Adelaide Pet Resort as its bedrooms not kennels.