Roo

Jellyblush

Hi dog-lovers. Many of you gave wonderful practical and emotional support to myself and my beautiful dog Roo earlier this year.

I am popping in to let you know that my girl will be put to sleep on Monday 14th October, at home. There was nothing left to try, and the balance of anxiety in her life had shifted from sometimes to often, so I am letting her go.

I just wanted to say thank you again to all who supported us. Especially to you Nekh, you Corrie, and all regular posters, Perse and others. Thanks.

Jelly & Roo

425038_10151936606750554_173317145_n1_zpse1dc40e7.jpg

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jelly all my love to you and Roo. I commend you for the extent you were willing to go to try and obtain a decent life for Roo and totally support you in this decision when all avenues have been exhausted and it is clear Roo cannot live comfortably. My heart goes out to you.

I was a silent reader of the other thread even though I never participated (I kind of came along after some of the arguments started so did not really want to butt in) and I am terribly sorry for you.

I am sure Roo will be happy to be relieved of her fear and she will wait for you to join her when you are ready :)

Good Luck and I wish you the happiest of days together until she gets her wings :rainbowbridge:

Jelly all my love to you and Roo. I commend you for the extent you were willing to go to try and obtain a decent life for Roo and totally support you in this decision when all avenues have been exhausted and it is clear Roo cannot live comfortably. My heart goes out to you.

Exactly this....I couldn't have said it better :hug:

Thoughts are with you at this most difficult time Jelly. October 14th you are giving your girl Roo her wings. You have given her all you. Your very best. No one knows her better than you & if her quality of life is severely compromised by her anxiety levels....

The beautiful photo of you both says it all IMHO. Take care of you.

Edited by BC Crazy

Im so sorry Jelly. I hope you and Roo have many beautiful days together between now and the 14th.

Your story has really touched me. The lengths you have gone to for your adored girl are amazing. She is so lucky to have found you.

Along with the rest of your DOL admirers, I will be thinking of you and Roo when the time comes :grouphug:

You did your best Jellyblush and that's not saying there could have been more at all. Few people would have put in the time and effort close to what you have to give her some quality of life.

Roo is a special girl but being here on this earth for her is not the right time. She can go join Buddy up there in peace and happiness, we gave him his wings for the same reason as Roo.

000_0053.jpg

I just want to say how my heart breaks for you Jelly... it is never easy to say goodbye to our four legged friends... even when we know that it is the kindest and most selfless thing we will ever do for them.

Between now and then, enjoy each other and know that the love is truly unconditional going both ways.

Roo will be in some awesome company while she waits for you at the Bridge... tell her to say G'day to my girl Woosie when she gets there, OK?

Know that she will forever be in your heart, and keep the bestest memories of her there where they belong...

Gotta go now - it's getting hard to type through this water dripping from my eyes.. *sob*

Sending you cyber hugs...

T.

I've been following yours and Roo's story from the very beginning and I know that your gorgeous girl cannot thank you enough for being so loving and caring. The sheer dedication you've shown her is to be applauded and I commend you as an owner.

My heart goes out to the two of you and you'll be in my thoughts on October 14th. Roo will be in the best company over the bridge and I really hope that at last shell find the peace and comfort the beautiful girl deserves.

:hug:

Thanks so much everyone. Nekh and Tdierikx, you've made me cry as well. My thoughts are with Buddy and Woosie. It IS hard.

Because this forum and it's members have given me so much, I'd like to 'pay it forward' if I can. I have some items for anxious dogs that may be of use for people, pick up from Melbourne or I'll post if they're smaller. PM me if interested.

1. SAVIC dog crate, large

2. Drugs - reconcile, trazodone, clonidine

3. DAP diffuser, 1/3 remaining

4. Thundershirt

5. Bowls, bedding, toys and leashes etc I will donate to a shelter, however if people need particular items please let me know.

6. Treats, biscuits etc as above.