Neighbor Complaining About Barking..

charli73

Inside is your best option.. we've taken that approach as 2 of our dogs can be bad barkers when we're not there and what I've gathered from council is the neighbors cannot do eff all as its within our house not outside and we are making an effort to control our situation. One dog is possibly going off for De barking for everyone's sanity and we're installing a ping string to deter the other who gets a rise out of stirring the other neighbors dogs...

Its a tough road but once I worked out that no stimulus = no noise or minimal in Leo's case as he can whinge out of stress but sadly I cannot fix the damage that's been done with him prior to being here.. I've set up sections of the house for each dog so that they have somewhere comfy and safe to be and they're happy....

Good luck and I hope you get some resolve

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the end we made the neighbor move as we took care of the problem and made their life hell

Play the game complain about them everyday to.council ,epa, threaten them if you have too they will eventually cave and move in the end our neighbors moved right away changed their number plates and are shit scared they also installed a panic room in their new home so sucked in to them :-) dont f##k with the wrong people :-) hope this helps :-)

I would seriously advise against this. If they don't move, you're pretty stuffed. I would move myself if at all possible, if not the dogs would be in daycare or with a minder outside the home when I wasn't there and I would be doing meticulous checks of the yard and contacting the police every time this happened. Making them fear you is just the worst idea I've heard.

The problem was i did contact police council rspca nothing was accomplished i had obtained a order to restrain my neighbor from approaching my family in the end we had enough found out all the neighbours from the other street where he lived previously had the same problem!!'

i was locking my dogs up all the time stressful for them and me.

Them moving was a blessing

He still complains about us even though he moved right away but council puts that down to nuisance complaints now.

people that have not got a life make others hell i had this guy on tape police looked at that tape of this guy but could not press charges as my camera angled in his yard which is invasion of privacy!! he was throwing rocks at my dogs

Sorry mess with my dogs thats it :-)

It makes me mad when people complain about a nuisance noise but dont do it properly as it gives the people making a legitimate claim a bad situation and takes longer for the real complaints to get looked at. We have a problem with our neighbour across the road, first with dogs that barked constantly all night and now with birds that absolutely SCREAM from 5:30am in the morning for 3 hours straight without a break. I tried putting a note in his letterbox (with my name and address) which he ignored and I then approached him so I got abused (we found out later he is a police officer). Its only when I make an official complaint to the council that he will act.

Last week the screaming birds drove me to the point where I nearly had a nervous breakdown and had to get prescribed anti anxiety medication. I hate even taking a headache tablet so this was a huge drastic measure for me. Council can takes weeks to even check into a complaint in Brisbane and start with standard stuff of just sending letters. I would have been in hospital in another week so very very lucky that the neighbours come home. The people I did see in his yard during the week included his mother and brother-in-law just said that "none of the other neighbours have a problem" and "its all about me". I think the other neighbours are scared of him and hence dont want to complain. Why should my life be ruined by one family? We have lived here for 15 years and never had a problem and enjoyed great relationships with the previous neighbours. A new family moves in 6 months ago and makes life impossible. Just because one person complains doesnt mean that there isnt a problem. We have 7 dogs between 4 houses on our side of the street and his dog used to bark 10 times more than the 7 on our side all put together. Yes, I know dogs bark but my big problem is when the owner is home and doesnt go outside and do something and stands at the window and watches his dog at absolutely nothing. All the dogs on our side of the street are sleeping and there is nothing walking up or down the street.

If you are absolutely sure its not your dog then video the area the dog is in. Everybody has gopro videos these days so borrow one and set it up. You can normally record for at least an hour before the card fills up or the battery dies. Also try leaving the house, park the car down the road and wait 15 mins and then walk back and see if you can hear barking. Its surprising how many people say their dog doesnt bark but then it becomes a Jeckle and Hyde situation.