Man Charged Over Death Of Pomeranian

Rosetta

Who cares if she drops the c-bomb?? Her dog was killed by a man who from reports actually set the dog on them deliberately! You're damn straight I'd be dropping it and more if the same thing happened to me!

It's a discussion Melzawelza. Why do you care so much either way? Do you know her or are you offended that we are not keeping the focus on the dogs? Discussions take all manner of direction. This one is following a direction regarding her reaction and use of language. So what's the big deal?

Yes, a poor little dog died an horrific death at the hands of a madman who should never own animals. It would have been incredibly traumatic for anyone to witness and unforgivably painful for the little dog. I'm sure everyone recognises these facts.

Edited by ~Anne~

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just think it's ridiculous that anyone would denigrate her for swearing under such circumstances, as a lot of the posts here have done. I can't believe people care so much about swearing full stop, let alone after someone has had their dog killed deliberately by a psycho who has directed his dog to do so.

I just think it's ridiculous that anyone would denigrate her for swearing under such circumstances, as a lot of the posts here have done. I can't believe people care so much about swearing full stop, let alone after someone has had their dog killed deliberately by a psycho who has directed his dog to do so.

I'm not denigrating her. I'm stating things as I see it.

I can't see why you are getting so offended by it all to be honest. Threads naturally move in different directions. Relax. Stop reading the thread if it concerns you so much.

I can understand swearing under such circumstances. However there is a lot of gutter talk going back in to her history. Not that it matters, the story is that a dog was killed and that is sickening and devastating. It is clear though, IMO, that she's a "rough" kind of girl. No one deserves a dog attack! I guess what people are commenting on is that even without the dog attack part, the page is undesirable to most viewers.

I'm not denigrating her. I'm stating things as I see it.

I can't see why you are getting so offended by it all to be honest. Threads naturally move in different directions. Relax. Stop reading the thread if it concerns you so much.

I didn't say you were denigrating her. I said a lot of posts were, which some are. You don't need to take that personally.

I don't understand why you are getting so upset by my posts, to be honest. I don't need to 'relax'. Just as you are allowed to express your opinion about swearing on her page, I am also allowed to express my opinion that I find it ridiculous that people even care about whether the owner of a dog that was killed swears or not.

Edited by melzawelza

Actually, I have re-thought my reply...

I hope the judge is a compassionate person and takes into account this woman's low socio-economic status. In the eyes of the law everyone is entitled to a fair go regardless of their upbringing or education.

Huh?

Guest Maeby Fünke

(It has taken me ages to write this post so I'm probably not up to date with what's been said so far)

I'm not very good at these kinds of discussions because I tend to agree with too many different points of view and I get confused.

However this is what I think.

We have no idea what really happened but I don't think there's anything wrong with expressing an opinion about it. This happens on DOL all the time :shrug:

I don't have a problem with the woman's swearing or any swearing for that matter. However, what some people have astutely pointed out is that this woman is coming across in a certain way. I don't have Facebook and so I'm not sure if it's because of her language or something else. But you can't deny - and I hate to say it - that she is coming across like a dumb tart. She doesn't seem to be being taken seriously and it concerns me that she will stuff up an opportunity to do the right thing by her dog (and by other people/dogs in her situation). That's why I said that I hope the judge is a compassionate person and gives her a fair go.

For anyone who thinks I'm judging her, I'm not. I'm actually empathising with her!

The whole thing is very unfortunate and sad :(

You ARE judging her. You called her a dumb tart. And she's not the defendant. The magistrate wont be dealing with her but the owner of the dog that killed her poor little dog.

I dont care if there is more to this story than meets the eye or that she and her friends drop the c bomb on facebook. Her dog got killed.

It sounds like they're both white trash/rednecks from a rough suburb and talking like that is part of their vernacular. Regardless of that, a dog got killed. It's pretty sad.

This. Was wondering how to word it :laugh:

My response (& I assume Maeby's) here is a clarification to Kirislin's pondering on whether her calling him a 'dirty old f***ker had more to it than the horrible incident in which her little dog was killed. I myself can barely get a sentence out in real life without swearing. So calling someone that doesn't mean you have a history with them in my own white trash/rednecky circles. And her FB looks like many other teenagers that I know. (And don't despise).

she referred to him as a dirty old f@#$*er. I wonder exactly what the story is. :confused:

Guest Maeby Fünke

You ARE judging her. You called her a dumb tart. And she's not the defendant. The magistrate wont be dealing with her but the owner of the dog that killed her poor little dog.

I dont care if there is more to this story than meets the eye or that she and her friends drop the c bomb on facebook. Her dog got killed.

Raz, you are right! I think it's my way of dealing with a terrifying, unthinkable concept - the idea of my dog being killed and dying.

I'm in shock now just thinking about it. Perhaps this is why people are reacting so strongly to the woman and not to the death of her dog?

I'm sorry, I'm not explaining myself very well but I'm actually really distressed about what happened to her dog. I'm beginning to have a panic attack. I'm going to take my Pug to the beach now. Seeya peeps :)

I just looked her name up on Facebook after her page was mentioned. She has an unusual name and she is a distinct looking girl so it was easy to find.

The comment about the barking dog bit was said by her mum on her Facebook page. It seems it was a family dog and mums as well. Her mum has said something along the lines of him being her neighbour and that he did it because of barking. It may not have been a dispute. He may have just said that after he encouraged his dog to attack the little one? Who knows.

Melzawelza, sorry, it just seemed you were getting stressed.

Clyde, yes that was what I was more referring to. The history of her page shows the language used is almost everyday language. She really should consider putting her page on private.

Guest Maeby Fünke

(Sorry, this is off topic but I thought I should explain)

I'm okay now. I took my Pug to the beach and I'm very proud of myself for warding of a major bout of anxiety which, in the past, would have lasted a week :thumbsup:

I hope I haven't offended anyone. I have this way of dealing with strong emotions by pretending that I don't care. Even after years of therapy I'm still not aware when I'm doing it. It's just how I am, I'm afraid :)

Edited by Maeby Fünke

(Sorry, this is off topic but I thought I should explain)

I'm okay now. I took my Pug to the beach and I'm very proud of myself for warding of a major bout of anxiety which, in the past, would have lasted a week :thumbsup:

I hope I haven't offended anyone. I have this way of dealing with strong emotions by pretending that I don't care. Even after years of therapy I'm still not aware when I'm doing it. It's just how I am, I'm afraid :)

Well done Maeby, it took me 12 months to get the courage up to walk my little dog after an attack. It's not easy to do it but I can't let the irresponsibility of other dog owners spoil me and my dog's life.

In the end all that matters here is that a dog was killed, and it looks like it could have been deliberate.

Anyone who has a bull breed must get anxious when they hear of attacks like this, it casts a shadow on their dogs too, which is unfair.

Anyone that uses their dog as a weapon, no matter what breed it is, should be locked up and when released banned from owning any dog at all, big or little, they do not deserve the companionship of a dog. : (

In the end all that matters here is that a dog was killed, and it looks like it could have been deliberate.

Anyone who has a bull breed must get anxious when they hear of attacks like this, it casts a shadow on their dogs too, which is unfair.

Anyone that uses their dog as a weapon, no matter what breed it is, should be locked up and when released banned from owning any dog at all, big or little, they do not deserve the companionship of a dog. : (

The dog was described as an alleged bull mastiff, why should bull breed owners be worried this will cast a bad light on their dogs? Shouldn't bull mastiff owners be the ones who are concerned?

I think somebody else has already mentioned that "bull mastiff" is the new buzz breed that seems to pop up a lot in news articles atm, whether that is because reporters don't know the difference or because bull mastiff is actually the breed of the dogs in question I don't know.

The dog was described as an alleged bull mastiff, why should bull breed owners be worried this will cast a bad light on their dogs? Shouldn't bull mastiff owners be the ones who are concerned?

I think somebody else has already mentioned that "bull mastiff" is the new buzz breed that seems to pop up a lot in news articles atm, whether that is because reporters don't know the difference or because bull mastiff is actually the breed of the dogs in question I don't know.

I readily admit I'm no good at "Spot that dog breed", I am aware that "bull mastiff cross " and "bull breed cross" are the phrases constantly linked to dog attacks in the media, which can only make anyone with a dog that has bull in its name a little apprehensive. The general public won't know which dogs are which either.

Bull Mastiff:

bullmastiff.jpg

from http://www.akc.org/breeds/bullmastiff/index.cfm

Pitbull:

0trinity4-11-01.jpg

from http://thebullybreeds.com/2013/01/10/pit-bull-conformation-ukc-standard/

I think a simple google image search will make the difference abundantly clear....

The size alone is like a molehill and a mountain

ETA: I have decided to no longer include "bull" in any of my dogs' breed. This is my dog of the breed "snugglepuss"

1175439_677301505630661_454348793_n.jpg

Edited by BlackJaq