Countersurfing

Steph M

Countersurfing? Pfft walk in the park for Stanley :laugh:

Stan is a fridge raider, oven opener, cupboard rummager you name it he'll get into it. He destroyed one toaster by dragging it off the bench and licking the slots for crumbs, he would pull plates out of the sink which would smash, he would open the grill, pull the griller tray out and lick it. In my last house I had no way of blocking off the kitchen so I have two fridge locks, in case he got one off and I would leave the saucepan cupboard open so he could rummage around to his hearts content and like Aussie3 I would leave NOTHING on the counters, kitchen bin locked in the bathroom.

In my new house I have a kitchen door...checkmate Stanley :D

:offtopic:

Dougal Cat opened the oven door the other day - and Stan immediately popped in to my mind!!! LOL

:laugh: Stan is impressed Dougal Cat!!!

Eschlachter don't jinx us with the doors, I'm sure he fills in most of his day thinking....thinking. Imagine our two as partners in crime :eek:

Edited by stans mum

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We're trying the Tabasco sanga today. Will keep you all posted.

Found motion sensing single beep alarms online, that's next. Hopefully we don't get there, if she starts at night I'll probably have a heart attack.

It could be worse ... my current Italian Greyhound occasionally brings in a poo for a picnic - she might have this on a dog bed or on my sofa. It was on a dog bed today which is now in for a soak in the laundry :eek:

As I have other dogs there is no way I can lock them all out. I'm mortified when she does it and there appears to be no cure - I've done the pineapple thing and she stops for a while and then starts again.

I'd take a bin raider or counter surfer over this, any day!

Gus does this. Oh it's vile! And then he just wants to kiss... :scold:

Agreed! My dog waits patiently for the cat to finish pooing then roots around in the kitty litter to find her scrumptious morsel . Sometimes I'll catch her and say 'what are you doing!' and she looks at me innocently with kitty litter stuck all over her muzzle. :laugh:

Good luck with the Tabasco sandwich today...hopefully all the humans in the house know the sandwich is booby trapped :laugh:

Edited by Roova

There's just the two of us, and if Brooke eats it I'll be in danger of dying laughing!

We call it 'cat candy' in our house. Disgusting but once I spotted him getting it from the source...like a soft serve machine. Cat is so tolerant...

Well we've planted a few tabasco sandwiches on the benches and all have disappeared but the ones this morning. I was fast enough to discover one left in the doorway this morning but the others are MIA...

We set up a laptop on the bench with skype running and went into the other room with a cup of tea and left the sanga plants on the bench. We witnessed Rosie leap up and take one, jump back like it bit her and leave it. Enter Gus the Guts (Named after Augustus Gloop. Rookie mistake) and starts wagging his tail at the sight of discarded food (I’ve honestly never seen a dog wag his tail at unattended food before, but he’s a special one) took a lick, jumped back and then scoffed it anyway. So she’s learning fast and he’s developing a taste for hot chilli. Hahaha!

Progress!

I have a beagle, enough said :laugh:

My awesome beagle is the champion bench surfer, cupboard opener and freezer opener.

Every cupboard in my house has a child proof lock on it, which she can break though. I have now taken to screwing a modified baby gate along the cupbards that does not open to keep her away from my cupbaords. Nothing at all is kept on the benches. She has been known to drag a dining chair to the bench for easier access.

There are 6 child proof locks on the freezer. Everytime she breaks one I replace it before she gets to the others.

She can break through baby gates on the bedroom doors so I also have to shut the bedroom doors when we go out and put one of the those child proof handle things on.

And no I cant put her outside, we live in the ghetto and the druggies at the back have threatened to hurt my dogs so they are inside while we are out with a litter tray.

Treble has learned how to open the pedal bins we have :( We got them after he pulled the swing top bins apart and pulled out a bunch of bagged up poopy nappies.

--Lhok

We have to keep our bin in the pantry fir just this reason

I have a beagle, enough said :laugh:

My awesome beagle is the champion bench surfer, cupboard opener and freezer opener.

Every cupboard in my house has a child proof lock on it, which she can break though. I have now taken to screwing a modified baby gate along the cupbards that does not open to keep her away from my cupbaords. Nothing at all is kept on the benches. She has been known to drag a dining chair to the bench for easier access.

There are 6 child proof locks on the freezer. Everytime she breaks one I replace it before she gets to the others.

She can break through baby gates on the bedroom doors so I also have to shut the bedroom doors when we go out and put one of the those child proof handle things on.

And no I cant put her outside, we live in the ghetto and the druggies at the back have threatened to hurt my dogs so they are inside while we are out with a litter tray.

She sounds like loads of fun though. I wouldn't change the hard work for anything.

Bloody dog geniuses!

..sometimes, it backfires, tho.

We used to have two inside dogs - Sam, a large GSDXGoldn Ret ..and Mitch, cocker X

Both were scroungers. There were beds under the kitchen table .their 'lair'

One day I saw Sam very delicately grab a cutting board off the draining board/sink. On the cutting board was a decent sized chunk of meat .He balanced it beautifully ,as it must have been awkward and heavy ... and carried it to his bed under the table ............

Whereupon Mitch said "Ta, mate!" And took the meat off the cutting board- leaving poor Sam holding an empty board ....and wearing a surprised expression! It was priceless :)

..sometimes, it backfires, tho.

We used to have two inside dogs - Sam, a large GSDXGoldn Ret ..and Mitch, cocker X

Both were scroungers. There were beds under the kitchen table .their 'lair'

One day I saw Sam very delicately grab a cutting board off the draining board/sink. On the cutting board was a decent sized chunk of meat .He balanced it beautifully ,as it must have been awkward and heavy ... and carried it to his bed under the table ............

Whereupon Mitch said "Ta, mate!" And took the meat off the cutting board- leaving poor Sam holding an empty board ....and wearing a surprised expression! It was priceless :)

:rofl::rofl:

Smart, yet not so smart :)

We're trying the Tabasco sanga today. Will keep you all posted.

Found motion sensing single beep alarms online, that's next. Hopefully we don't get there, if she starts at night I'll probably have a heart attack.

Years ago when April was a pup she used to chew the plastic garden trellis I had around the house at the driveway to stop her from getting under the house. I had read or heard probably from my obedience club instructor, no internet or forums in those days, to put tabasco on the trellis to stop her from chewing it.

I religiously painted it every day & she still would chew the plastic. I eventually gave up & replaced the plastic with off cuts from screen door grills thanks to my s-i-l. She never touched it again & it's still there to this day.

Well we've planted a few tabasco sandwiches on the benches and all have disappeared but the ones this morning. I was fast enough to discover one left in the doorway this morning but the others are MIA...

We set up a laptop on the bench with skype running and went into the other room with a cup of tea and left the sanga plants on the bench. We witnessed Rosie leap up and take one, jump back like it bit her and leave it. Enter Gus the Guts (Named after Augustus Gloop. Rookie mistake) and starts wagging his tail at the sight of discarded food (I’ve honestly never seen a dog wag his tail at unattended food before, but he’s a special one) took a lick, jumped back and then scoffed it anyway. So she’s learning fast and he’s developing a taste for hot chilli. Hahaha!

Progress!

Bugger! Maybe try a drop or two of citronella oil - dogs often hate the smell and won't go anywhere near it ..