My Beautiful Girls: Maddie 2000-2013 And Kc 2002-2013

CaseyKay

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for the loss of both your beautiful girls, you must be absolutely devastated! To lose one precious girl is unbearable, but to lose two so close together must be more than you can bear! You must feel like your heart is going to break. :cry: Run free Maddie and KC, be good girls and look after each other at the bridge. CaseyKay, my thoughts and prayers are with you. :hug:

My thoughts are with you CaseyKay. :(

It's hard enough losing one but to lose 2 in such a short period of time is absolutely heartbreaking. :cry:

Sending hugs and strength your way. :hug:

Run free forever & together, Maddie and KC. xx :rainbowbridge:

Guest Clover

The loss of one canine friend is hard enough but to lose 2 friends in such a short time is heartbreaking :cry:.

Rest easy Maddie and KC :rainbowbridge:.

I'm so sorry CaseyKay. We've shared a few stories about epilepsy and your KC and I came to know her a little through you. I can't imagine how devastated you must be. To lose both like that is so hard to comprehend. :cry:

Thank you for your thoughts, I know people do understand (or at least look at their own dogs and can imagine), I have no oldies left now :( so if you have one at home can you give them an extra hug today and tell them how much you love and appreciate them?

Stellnme, you lost two at the same time as well? I'm sorry to hear that, it's so hard, I just feel so bewildered how this could happen. I can only think maybe Maddie had finished all she had to do here, and chose to go and take care of KC for me, so at least KC was not alone with no one to look after her and go to. KC always expected everyone else in the family to look after her, she never worried about much, she was always loved and protected.

I can see in Gael now, my young BC, she is so happy and playful the last couple of days. She always felt it was her job to look after KC on walks and make sure other dogs didn't frighten her. I remember last summer at the reserve where we walk, a horse event had been on and there was a big pile of horse manure raked up. Not sure what KC planned to do with it (eat it? roll in it?) but she was not leaving that treasure! After calling her a few times I kept walking and said "i'm leaving you here kc bear! I'm going home without you, you will have to live in this paddock". (I always had these one-sided conversations with KC). Walked over to the gate: "I mean it!". through the gate and closed it, looked back to see a belligerant little collie sitting determindly, ears flat. Like I would ever really leave her! Gael was beside herself, whimpering and staring at me and back at her: "We canNOT leave KC". I thought surely KC would follow so I went behind a tree and looked back. No, she had lay down. Shouted: "K. C. BEAR! I'm not coming all the way back there. Get here NOW". Gael made up her mind, cleared the gate raced across the paddock and lay down beside KC. I went back and had to put KC on a lead to force her to move :) KC always had us all at her beck and call.

Maddie was just a good, good dog. She was such an easy girl, so obedient. She was my first ever agility, obedience, tracking and rally-o dog. She was the perfect beginners dog, especially in tracking. I just taught her what I wanted then trusted her to do it. We were even on TV together here in NZ on a show called "Tux wonderdogs" which was a fun competition type thing with agility, retrieving etc.

Although Maddie was half NZ Heading dog, she and KC were actually cousins, something I didn't realise for a number of years until I refound some info that had come with her from the farm Madd was born on. There was a copy of her BC mothers pedigree in there, I hadn't taken any notice of the name when we got her, but it turned out Maddie's Mum and KCs Dad were siblings. Of all the BCs in NZ it seemed an amazing co-incidence they were related.

post-8662-0-29138500-1381269546_thumb.jpg

post-8662-0-62908700-1381269624_thumb.jpg

It's good that you can see there might be some purpose to your losses. I think that helps to understand it a little better because truly, sometimes it isn't about us. It's also good that you are starting to remember all those funny moments you shared with them. To me that means you are healing.

Our other dogs did not really miss a beat after we lost our old Stafford. She considered herself top dog but at almost 17 was well past her prime and all activities and household routines had changed to accommodate her needs. She also took a lot of my attention from the other dogs over those last 6 months. At first I was a little mad that they weren't sadder about her being gone given she was such a huge part of our lives but all they could see was the car trips took less to organise, the walks were faster and longer and they got more direct attention. Can't blame them for focussing on the good stuff!

Hugs.

XXX

CaseyKay, you have a way with words that brings both KC and Maddie to life. Keep writing. I'm sure there is more than just me enjoying their stories.

I agree Anne.

You write so beautifully about your girl's CaseyKay. :heart:

Your last post made me smile, bought tears to my eyes and gave me goosebumps. Thankyou for sharing their stories.

How amazing that they turned out to be related and living together! Your girls were obviously meant to be together in this life and the next, and they were obviously very loved.

I am sure you'll all meet again One day. :hug:

It is one thing to pour our hearts out when we suffer these huge losses. It is another when the writer, as with CaseyKay, puts us right there feeling and seeing and rejoicing and having our hearts torn.

What a loss, CaseyKay; so hard to get to grips with the enormity.

Deepest condolences.

And thank you for the reminder to hug our oldies and tell them how much they mean to us. . :cry::cry: