Canine Disc (frisbee) Workshop Nsw

I will be at the Australian Canine Training Centre on the 26th & 27th October

2 Day Canine Disc Workshop

Saturday 26th & Sunday 27th October

Day 1: THROW & CATCH/GAMES

Retrieve, Throwing, Overs, Catching, Fitness Level, what happens at a Competition.

The basics of all canine disc start here, this workshop is open to all dogs and all ages. You will learn the art of throwing the disc, we will see what your dogs have got and discuss how to improve or start them off, and we will discuss the types of Throw & Catch competitions as well as the various Games competitions.

Day 2: FREESTYLE SKILLS

Elements of Freestyle Skills what happens at Freestyle Competition.

This workshop will build on the basics of Throw & Catch, but taking things a step further adding some tricks/skills in and putting it together to start the formation of a freestyle routine.

What is Freestyle?

A dog, a handler and a pile of discs. You toss, dog catches. Simple. Put together elements like short throws, longs throws, butterflies, multiples, juggling, flips, vaults, dancing and tricks to create an entertaining show for the fans and a fun and challenging time for you and your disc dog.

Each day is broken up into 2 sessions 10am to 12 & 1pm to 3pm.

COST: $55.00 for 1 day or $75.00 for both days.

Each participant receives a free standard disc

For Bookings VIsit

http://www.lovesdogs.com.au/bookings/courses-and-events.html?task=view_event&event_id=147

Edited by bordacollies4me

Oh wow! THis is tailor made for me - my dog is a frisbee nut. I'm even there at Australian Canine Sports & Training Centre that Saturday already for Nosework 101 course! I best bring a frisbee! Unfortunately I'd have to miss the morning session on the Saturday since Noseworks is 11.30 till 1pm. Is it Ok to miss that Saturday morning session and still attend Sat afternoon and Sun?

Oh wow! THis is tailor made for me - my dog is a frisbee nut. I'm even there at Australian Canine Sports & Training Centre that Saturday already for Nosework 101 course! I best bring a frisbee! Unfortunately I'd have to miss the morning session on the Saturday since Noseworks is 11.30 till 1pm. Is it Ok to miss that Saturday morning session and still attend Sat afternoon and Sun?

Yes that would be ok... Participants get a free disc as well :) it is not a pre requisite to do Sat before Sunday, depending how the morning session goes, Sat PM might be a sanctioned competition... But am happy for you to slot in especially if your dog already plays frisbee

If you wanted to im sure there would be some interested in a Vic workshop :D

Yep if you can get a minimum of 10 people, a suitable field to set up a competition sized field, we just need to find a suitable free weekend and I can organise for someone to come down :)

Oh and Check out our Canine Disc Australia Face Book Page :)

I can get a feel around Gippsland which is a couple of hours away from Melbourne but there are 3 main clubs here so im hoping there will some interest.

I have a couple of people that are interested.

Edited by whitka

Awesome... If one of the clubs could come on board would be great... If your on Facebook ask to join the Canine Disc Australia Group and we can keep the ball rolling on a workshop/ competition.

And news just in all you. NSW loving frisbee dogs who want to compete, it has been approved that we can run a sanctioned competition in the PM session both days... This is also included in the cost of workshop entries...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm currently trying to get a bit of an idea as to who might be interested around my way, before I get back in touch with you. But the most likely date would be Monday 18th March, the day after our triple agility/obedience trial (Coffs Harbour) then people could stay around after the weekend to do the workshop. :) How many working spots do you usually have??