Oncologist Recommendations In Sydney

Dave73

I am sure it is quite daunting but I have seen lots of dogs manage exceedingly well when they have had an amputation. Your dog is lucky to have you as there are dog owners out there who dont give their dogs the chance your giving yours. She is very lucky to have you and it sounds like SASH is confident she will be fine. Please keep up posted and I am sure you will have her for a long time to come.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know!! We got her all fitted out with boots and a ruffwear harness, Leura Doggie Store were amazing as well very helpful.

Pix in due course, please :laugh:

sure will.

She is such a inspiration she just took to the boots perfectly running and not bothered by them at all

Surgery is done. She came through well and is in ICU tonight. SASH vet said that he was very happy with how it went and feels that he got healthy margins but we have to wait for the pathology results. Thankfully he didn't have to take any bone from the hip which was a possibility. Hopefully we can visit tomorrow and Thursday and Friday nights and have her home Saturday.

Update!

Last night she went well and this morning the surgeon took her out to the toilet and he had to use a sling to help her but was very impressed with her movement and balance even though she was very groggy still. Unfortunately we cannot visit her as she seems to be having a bit of separation anxiety and he does not want to upset her, as he said today his main concern is making sure she is okay "not us" which is what I wanted to hear anyway that she is his main priority but Im busting to see her.

Its so lonely in the house every morning at 530am she is waiting for me at the bottom of the stairs for a big hug and she howls and cries and carry's on. The ridge is lucky to lift his head when I come down I have to go over to him.. Ridgebacks gotta luv em...

Edited by Dave73

Update

She is doing better than the surgeon had thought. Eating , going to the toilet etc. Wound is looking better everyday and she will be home Saturday morning.

Yes we have a Ridgeback... They are a unique breed. He is my wife's dog as all he sees is her, couldn't care less if I'm around or not.

Great. To hear Dave73. My boy had a cancer removed from his leg on Monday. They have left the wound open to let it heal by itself so he is bandaged up and the bandage has rubbed his chest so now he is wearing a dog t shirt to protect that. Had his first bandage change today, he was such a good boy.. Me not so good.

Update,

She is totally walking without aid know, still a bit wobbly but the surgeon says within 2 weeks she will be as steady as she was with 4 legs. Wound is better again. And the great bit she comes home tomorrow at 930am. It has worked out perfectly I was offered a Voluntary redundancy at work yesterday which I knew was coming for months and was going to take it anyway but I will be able to be with Jazz to ensure that she recovers well. So she will have someone home everyday till February. And hopefully I end up working for myself again and she can come to work with me daily....

She is home. She's doing great. Has gone toilet and is eating and moving quite well. She has to be confined to a room/pen or crate for 10 days, we have decided in our rumpus room. All the mats rugs have been used so she wont slip over but she can only go from bed to outside on leash toilet then straight back in and on bed. Interesting 10 days ahead.