Oncologist Recommendations In Sydney

Dave73

perhaps she could have a tshirt /bandana for her coffee days .. "I' d rather have 3 legs than Cancer" ?

So glad she's feeling so much better!

many years ago I remember a lab stud dog who had osteosarcoma and had a front leg removed . it took him a while to re organise the leg lifting /pee routine .. but he could still do his stud duties with a little help .

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no nausea! so its day 6 know and she is more energetic than before the surgery. Veronika said she would of been slightly lethargic when the cancer was growing and she was but we just put it down to her getting older, but today she has amazed me so much energy and enthusiasm she is amazing.

With the glucosamine we will definitely start something after all the chemo is over, she's on fish oil tablets for the cancer which will help anyway...

She had all her stitches out last night (No more cone at night). Had a blood test to check white blood cell count. The count was pretty low but Veronika says its fine nothing to worry about she will just tweak the next treatment in 2 weeks.

Bindo and Kynan, thanks for your kind words. Yes she does love life and she is loving having me home all the time. Took her for a 5 min walk as per surgeons instructions this morning and a cattle dog walking past the other way growled at her and she fired up like old days. I have to remind her that she's not quite as tough know with 3 legs.

Well Jazz nearly gave us a heart attack this morning my wife was bringing up something from downstairs and we have a gate at the base of the stairs to stop Jazz when she had all legs from going upstairs uninvited. Know before the surgery on the weekends or days off my wife would let her up to wake me up and get me out of bed. When she moved the gate this morning Jazz took off up the stairs perfectly didn't trip didn't stumble and proceeded to jump on the bed with ease. According to the surgeon she would probably be 5 - 6 months off stairs if she could ever do it. I carried her down much to her disgust, but I bet she would of gone down as fluently as she came up...

Amazing...

Sure did but we are forever slowing her down. I will speak to the surgeon in a few weeks and see if its okay if we give her a bit more to do as I think she is bored... All she is meant to do for the next month is one 5min walk on lead a day. No off lead walking even in the yard. She has been off lead around the back yard since day 10 after surgery. They did say last week that she was way way ahead in her balance and mobility to the norm.

• 2 weeks later...

Update She has had chemo session number 2 seems good after it. SASH are very happy with her recovery from chemo but also the surgery. Shes up and bullying her RR brother again which is good to see, obviously not for the RR but he is so good with her always has been he lets her get away with murder...

He is a gentle giant the RR, he takes all her crap and doesn't bat a eye lid. We have found that out and about he is quite protective of her, if another dog comes near her he goes ballistic which he never did before. He also doesn't like to be more than a few metres apart from Jazz. Yesterday morning we went for a short 10 min walk 5 min out and 5 mins back her allotted time at the moment. When me and Jazz turned to head back the wife and Zeus were going to continue but Zeus was not leaving his sister and dragged my wife back to his sister. He wont leave the house without her tried this morning to take him for a walk and no go he chucked on the anchors and wouldn't move.

she had her first natural vet appointment this arvo. I was a sceptic but after a few treatments chiro and massage she is up and about tonight which she would normally be on her bed and sleeping. New diet to try and a heap of herbs/ vitamins and they work in with Veronika which is great.